LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 29075
Why you should join us:
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your information technology (IT) expertise to lead a project team responsible for handling all project life cycle activities for potentially complex, enterprise-wide, multi-year projects? Working closely with a number of portfolio managers and our program sponsors, you will bring your planning, execution expertise and business and IT knowledge to drive business outcomes and deliver high quality solutions to our customers on time and on budget. You bring a high-energy, continuous improvement mindset to a team of high performing professionals.
You will use your expertise to:
- Manage all project delivery by establishing integrated schedules that run across all project phases
- Develop and deliver on the end-to-end project plan including scope definition, planning, milestones, schedule management, critical path items, and interdependencies to execute the project effectively
- Improve project delivery execution by aligning with Suncor's stage-gated methodology used to develop and execute projects, use industry standards, as well as work in partnership with the project management office (PMO) on project status and quality as defined on cost, schedule, risks, scope, and budget
- Build positive relationships within a matrix environment to deliver key objectives by engaging IT and senior leaders in decision-making regarding the execution, risk management and operationalization
- Run the financials and forecasting against budgets and advance issues to the portfolio manager for resolution as required
- Prioritize multiple scopes of work against strategy and timelines to meet project requirements
- Collaborate with and supervise all parties and partnerships (staff project managers, analysts, architects, solution designers, vendors, contractors, and consultants) during all phases of the project management lifecycle from delivery to committed results
- Influence existing and new vendor/supplier relationships, administer the approved vendor list and manage vendor engagement contracts
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 10 years of related work experience, with specific experience in IT Project Management
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Business or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitation and negotiation skills to lead a team, run effective meetings related to governance, project reviews, steering committees and to obtain agreement and participation from key parties
- A high-level of knowledge in project management and methodologies (scope, time, budget, risk, quality, integration, resource management)
- Strong capabilities in leading projects delivered by system integrators (vendor management) and in building strong, positive relationships with diverse groups
- Well-rounded project/project management skills in both application and infrastructure projects
- The ability to easily adapt to multiple priorities and challenging demands in a fast paced environment and a strong continuous improvement mindset
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience in contract management and large scaled, enterprise IT projects in the energy industry
- Program level experience
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other meaningful information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Domestic and international travel to Suncor operating sites may be required on an infrequent basis
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – do it safely, or don’t do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.
Please note that this job posting will close on July 7th, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals