Senior Project Management Associate
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage/ Monitor financial cost workbook, resourcing forecasts (recoveries and actualizations) for large projects led by Wealth Management Technology and Solutions. Assist project/program managers in creating executive-level presentations on the financials of the initiatives.
- Collaborate and contribute to cross-functional teams and manage the effective implementation of assigned deliverables/ milestones. Continuously identify potential issues, conflicts, and risks. Analyze, mitigate and escalate where appropriate. Monitor and control activities according to plan as well as track deliverables and report progress.
- Support project and program managers. Work with project teams to document project assignments, track financial costs, report status, organize meetings and document meeting minutes.
- Create and maintain project artifacts. Manage documentation in the project repository on SharePoint and Excel.
- Support initiatives using appropriate methods, including Agile and Iterative Waterfall, and support multiple stakeholders in a complex and demanding business and technology environment.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Excellent in project/ program financial management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills. Ability to determine the information and communication needs of the stakeholders and project.
- Strong organizational, time management capabilities, status reporting, general administration, and project management. Find solutions to problems and work with minimum supervision and full accountability
- Deadline-driven and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high-quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Superior MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio) skills
- Desire to pursue a career in project management for financial services technology projects and a strong understanding of technology and/or the financial services industry.
- Ability to facilitate between and influence key decision-makers
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills to work across functions and businesses
- Experience in Financial Services Business or Technology, Wealth Management or Brokerage
- PM certification (such as PMI CAPM or ACP)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving mutual success.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
This is a Senior Project Management Associate position at Royal Bank. People in our group manage technology projects for the RBC Wealth Management line of business and for the operations teams that support that line of business. RBC Wealth Management is the largest full-service wealth manager in Canada and the 5th largest wealth manager in the world, by client assets. We’ll provide the training, tools, support, and flexibility to transform you into a future leader and build the career you want. Start strong and make a real difference for our clients, our communities and your future.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.