Senior Project Management Associate, WMTS
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Senior Delivery Director, the Sr. Project Management Associate supports the project managers with planning and organization of RBC WMTS projects. A large focus of this role involves financial management and reporting at the portfolio level across Wealth Management Canada Technology. The Sr. PMA is the single point-of-contact and principal business partner for all financials across the portfolio of products.
What will you do?
- Apply experience and seasoned knowledge, skills, and practices to perform a variety of assignments.
- Provide training and support for PMAs assigned to the Portfolio.
- Oversee PMA performance, serve as a mentor and coach across the department, and participate in hiring processes and resource management.
- Host, drive and effectively communicate key financial updates while organizing meetings with management, senior directors and occasionally executives.
- Demonstrate mature presence in key stakeholder relationship building, confidently articulating value and reasoning of decisions to senior leadership/project leads.
- Coordinate the business case submission process across the portfolio in support of our project managers and business partners.
- Ensure PMs are consistently adhering to project guidelines and completion of project goals.
- Consolidate reports for upper management regarding status of portfolio, financial management, business case, and other portfolio management artifacts in partnership with Project Managers.
What do you need to succeed?
- 2-3 years of Project Management Associate or PCO experience at a financial institution.
- Experience with managing total financials on a program, project, or portfolio larger than $5MM.
- Strong financial planning/management (generics and forecasting) and project controller experience – this role is heavy on financial management.
- Expert skills in Excel and PowerPoint (Macros, Pivots, VLOOKUP).
- Demonstrable experience using project management and financial forecasting systems and tools, such as Tableau, Planview, and MIS (management information systems).
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, finance, accounting, business management or related field an asset.
- Experience managing a work package on a project an asset.
- Agile experience an asset.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Development pathways to become a future Project Manager or Scrum Master.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- A world-class training program in financial services.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.