Senior Project Leader
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : IT Project Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185072
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Wealth Data team within the Global Wealth Engineering (GWE) team is key area in meeting the operational data needs of the various stake holders within Wealth Management.
Is this role right for you?
- Manage the release cycle management activities (create release documentation and coordinate release night activities).
- Manage project activities (project-related communication with project teams, participate in relevant meetings, refine related stories).
- Ensuring products are well maintained by identifying and eliminating technical debt.
- Ability to showcase progress in projects/initiatives/programs, holding people accountable to their commitments and making sure we are on track for successful delivery.
- Implementation of best practices/processes and work on process improvements when needed
- Assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, current technical environment and
- Partner with multiple teams across the bank to collaborate on strategy and direction.
- Assisting senior management to enforce standards and methodology; ensuring solutions are in line with the technology roadmap
- Assisting Dev team to build the environments and remove the impediments and coordination with various participating teams.
Do you have the skills?
- Software engineering background
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Good understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- Working experience in Service Now and similar ticketing tools.
- Attention to details, high standards for quality, ability to balance risk with technological advancements.
- Experience in modernizing legacy systems or similar transformational initiatives
- Experience with Reporting tools would be considered a great asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Remote-friendly work environment will provide you with the flexibility to perform at your best.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Dynamic Office - Fully equipped gym, showers, games room, bowling alley, micro market, free tea & coffee, universal washrooms, wellness rooms, and lots of space for team collaboration.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Working location condition: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.