Senior Project Engineer, Municipal Engineering
City : Dartmouth, NS
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our Transportation and Infrastructure Team. This role will be based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and will report directly to the manager.
The successful candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in municipal engineering, including project management, engineering design, transportation systems, utility master planning, and asset management planning of municipal water, wastewater and stormwater utilities.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Actively manage small to large infrastructure design projects in a team environment.
- Be client-facing, successfully managing client relationships and expectations.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed engineering plans for municipal servicing and road construction;
- Prepare cost estimates and quantity take-offs for municipal infrastructure projects;
- Prepare Tender documents and specifications for municipal infrastructure projects;
- Perform calculations and technical assessments;
- Prepare reports and other project-related documentation;
- Perform quality control of designs
- Prepare presentation materials and develop proposals and related strategies;
- Working with the Field Construction Team, perform site construction review duties on civil infrastructure projects as assigned;
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- Undergraduate Degree in a Civil Engineering program from an accredited university;
- Applicants must be registered or eligible to register with the provincial engineering association;
- 10+ years' of industry-related experience
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft products is required;
- Experience with Civil 3D and other engineering software (HydroCad, WaterCad etc) is an asset;
- Sound knowledge of municipal design standards and specifications is required;
- Excellent technical, analytical, writing, and presentation skills;
- Great communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work for a design team;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Desire to take on new challenges; and
- A valid Driver’s license is required.