Senior Project Engineer, Land Development
City : Thornhill, ON
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS ACROSS THE GTA
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our Land Development team, based out of our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Team Lead and Manager, this position will be responsible for a variety of greenfield and infill projects for residential, commercial, industrial and institutional sites.
WSP’s Land Development team is a close-knit, collaborative team which prides itself on its long-standing relationships of trust with many of the developers, Municipalities, Townships, Cities and Regions across Ontario.
Partnering with other internal disciplines across WSP, the team is responsible for delivering long-term, complex projects in Land Development, covering the entire project life-cycle from conceptual planning & design, through to construction management and client hand-over.
As a Senior Project Engineer, your responsibilities will cover the full project lifecycle from early project phase, proposals and business development activities, to overseeing preliminary engineering, design & approvals to office assistance for contract administration and construction.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Work with clients and the Land Development team on GTA land development projects;
- Manage the design team and ensure client expectations and business unit standards are met;
- Obtain land development approvals acting as a liaison between client and approving authorities;
- Participate in the preparation of proposal and other business development activities and financial management of projects;
- Assist with staff mentoring and development;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 5 to 8 years of experience in a consulting environment focused on GTA land development projects;
- Registered as a P.Eng. in Ontario;
- Working knowledge of the land development approvals process in Ontario, with priority given to GTA experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Project management experience is an asset;
- A self-motivated individual looking for advancement opportunities;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil3D; and
- Valid Ontario driver’s license preferred.