Senior Project Architect (Commercial)
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Project Architect (Commercial) - ( 21000306 )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our Toronto office is seeking a Senior Architect with both project and business development skills to join our multidisciplinary team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provides expertise in the design of buildings with an expertise in commercial and industrial buildings.
- Coordinates multidisciplinary project teams.
- Assists in the preparation of deliverables at all project phases.
- Supports Stantec policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety.
- Helps lead the continued development of the architectural in-house expertise and methodologies.
- Regularly seeks continuing education opportunities to increase knowledge base.
- Develops and maintains client relationships.
- Facilitates and holds regular team and client meetings.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes and updates.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information Studio Leaders and Office Leadership Managing Leader.
- Delivers engaging, formative, well-organized presentations both verbally and in writing.
- Identifies business development and additional service opportunities for all Stantec disciplines as they relate to a specific project, program, or client.
- Works with the other key staff on Commercial and Industrial building opportunities. Develops “win” strategies prior to RFP release.
- Engages in client contact, proposal preparation and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experienced in, and comfortable with, leading all aspects of the project development cycle from briefing and preparing fee proposals to substantial performance.
- Proven business development record and ability to help position for future commercial and industrial projects/clients.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplined teams, with minimal supervision.
- Capability in design, technical and construction detailing.
- Strong understanding of zoning bylaws and the Ontario Building Code
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Education and Experience
Degree in Architecture. Registered Architect. OAA registration preferred.
Minimum 15 years of experience in working commercial and industrial buildings.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-1400 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 29, 2021, 10:36:03 AM
Req ID: 21000306
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans