City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Computer Programmer
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184717
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
What you’ll be doing…
- Support off hours pager on rotation basis
- Analyze highly complex business requirements
- generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Maintain, support, and enhance existing applications.
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
- Assure quality security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
- Analyze, maintain security features for application development, servers, authentication, and procedures
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
- Work closely with all team members in agile lab and agile environment
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Be a true team player who values the perspectives and opinions of others while leading with humility and confidence
- Take accountability for results and exhibits a “can do attitude”
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy, motivation, and social skills)
- Have an appetite to continuously evolve and improve, to tackle difficult problems and seek/give constant feedback
- Embrace change and see it as an essential driver to solve complex issues
- Demonstrate flexibility and be able to move forward without having all of the answers
- Consistently seek to understand, meet, and deliver on customers’ expectations
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? We’d love to work with you if you have:
- Strong Java, Unix shell skills – working in Eclipse based environments
- Solid understanding of DevOps for deployment, and Git repositories.
- Understanding and experience with Spring Framework
- Experienced with Azure and/or GCP Cloud framework/system
- Assess and analyze technology options to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business needs
- A positive attitude and a reliable, self-motivated, team player with excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- SQL Databases and related security model
- Strong understanding of cloud concepts and implementation
- Experience with API management and developing microservices
- Familiar with Network, LAN TCP/IP, security and communication protocol concepts
- Good to have: mainframe development experience and enterprise architectural knowledge/experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science or technical equivalent
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. Jarislowsky, Fraser Limited (“JFL”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Bank of Nova Scotia (“Scotiabank”) and operates as a distinct business division. JFL manages the portfolios of pension funds, foundations and endowments, corporations and high-net-worth individuals in Canada and internationally.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.