Senior Programmer Analyst, Global Business Payments – Scarborough, ON
City : Scarborough, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 171670
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Programmer Analyst, Global Business Payments (157553) - Toronto, ON
The Senior Programmer Analyst will primarily focus on developing and ongoing support of a desktop application to provide custom file translation and data reconciliation for business clients. The incumbent will be responsible for the design, implementation, and testing of business applications built on Microsoft technologies. The incumbent will work closely with the client onboarding team in delivering solutions
Is this role right for you? In this position you'll be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain desktop-based and web-based applications written in VB and C#.
- Willingness to dive in and solve problems regardless of the technology or complexity to reduce system downtime and user impact.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Design process flows, document requirements, and test software systems to meet stakeholders’ and regulatory requirements.
- Support production related escalations from the internal support team during the day as well as off-hours on as needed basis.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment and make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Proven interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated programming skills in VB and C# for application development.
- Solid understanding of relational databases.
- At least 3 years of technical work experience to read and write complex SQL queries.
- Must have excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with front-end web development would be an asset
- Must be reliable, results-oriented, customer-focused, and attentive to details.
- Manifest excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of GBP products & services and finance & banking is considered an asset and helps hit the ground running.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.