Senior Programmer – Advisory
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173592
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Client Data Services team within Global Wealth Management Technology is responsible for the development, stability and resiliency of the KYC Webservices and the KYC platform and its ecosystem of applications. It serves the customers of Wealth business lines, like iTrade and Scotia Mcleod and has various applications like SCORE and SONLINE Brokerage platform consuming its Webservices. The team is known for excellence in delivery, and its management fosters a culture of team self organization, collaboration and inclusiveness.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, Global Wealth Management Technology, PAA will be responsible for providing design solutions, code reviews, integration, testing, deployment as well as be a supporting 7x24 production support team
Is this role right for you?
- Provide design and technical solutions for several deliverables using best age technology.
- Guide develop software following sound software engineering principles in an agile (Scrum) process and lead design sessions and code / design reviews
- Support enterprise-wide services including authentication, provisioning, federation, and directory platforms
- Work collectively within a dynamic team to actively participate and lead configurations and support of solution deployment in accordance with designs
- Handling production support escalation during the day as well as off-hours on a rotation basis.
- Interface with Scotiabank infrastructure teams to maintain and support infrastructure and services under management
- Coding, unit testing and deployment using latest technology pipeline for Java/J2EE/microservices API
Skills you need to succeed
- Minimum of 8 plus years of experience in developing and supporting large, complex, highly available enterprise systems
- Java/J2EE/ Spring Boots, Microservices , Webservices (REST and SOAP),JSON
- Unit testing experience such as familiarity with JUnit, Mockito, Spy, Reflection etc.
- Proficiency with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines (e.g., Jira, Jenkins, Gradle, Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.)
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to collaborate with and lead teams toward resolution.
- Sound DBMS knowledge (e.g., Oracle) and understanding of network topologies and common network protocols and services (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, etc.
- Competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Competent in SQL /PL SQL database practices
- Spring Batch, Scripting, Batch Scheduler
- Experience with cloud and container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes & GCP) as we aim to build self-serve products on a cloud platform
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Currently all our teams are working fully remotely
- Remote work continuation to be considered post pandemic
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- We offer a competitive rewards package
- Performance bonus, Share Ownership Program and Pension Plan Matching
- Health Benefits from day one!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.