Senior Program Manager
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
The Microsoft News & Feeds team is focused on helping our users stay up to date with personalized, timely, and relevant information, built into everyday experiences – Widgets in Windows 11, Windows 10 taskbar, Microsoft Edge New Tab Page, Microsoft Start experiences, and MSN. We are building on our 25+ year legacy in news and online information to innovate with a personalized feed of content recommendations based on our leading-edge AI.
To support this, we are building the world’s best content ecosystem. We will deepen our relationships with the top new publishers around the world, expand to new categories of content creators, and expand to content types such as audio and video. We are testing new business models to support creators and help our users around the world discover content creators they love, connect, and engage with their communities in meaningful ways. We are ensuring that the content we get is of high-quality, is trusted, and is diverse. We are building deep understanding models to know more about the content so we can match it better with our customer’s needs.
We are seeking a passionate, creative, growth driven Product Manager to exponentially scale our worldwide content ecosystem. In this role, you will be part of our Content Understanding and Moderation team. The team is building deep understanding models to extract rich information from the content for better personalization and recommendation, and to ensure high quality and trustworthy content. It is a great opportunity to define the future of content service for Microsoft, and impact billions of users around the world to consume content they care.
You will work with engineering teams to develop classifiers to truly understand our content, work with partner facing teams to get content metadata ingested, and with the Content Ops teams to ensure that our product meets moderation requirements around the world by utilizing the content understanding signals. You will help develop the engineering roadmap and partner with engineering to implement and take features to market. You will manage business metrics and incorporate insights to improve the product. You will be an advocate for our program among our key stakeholders. You will bring a solid understanding of ML technologies, service operations at scale, and general ability to ramp up and go deep in new technical areas. Experience with Content Understanding and Moderation, AI products, or service operations at scale would be a huge plus but not required!
- Be a “learn-it-all:” Combine customer and partner empathy, a bias for action and achieving measurable results, and critical product judgment skills to lead product roadmap execution.
- Drive overall product strategy definition as well as hypothesis formulation and testing for your area.
- Proactively identify and manage scenario backlog, including ensuring partner dependencies are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Define and measure KPI’s/OKR’s for your feature area and ensure your product roadmap accrues to measurable success.
- Define and drive experimentation plans that ensure statistically meaningful conclusions are reached.
- Own your feature backlog with clarity, urgency, and accountability.
- Actively drive and present product plans and reviews, demos, and competitive analyses with the team, partners, and executive leadership
- Engage with customers to incorporate feedback (tactical and strategic) into your team’s plans.
- Partner with key internal and external partners to develop joint product plans, gather feedback, manage dependencies, and ensure customer success.
- Keep pace with emerging standards in your feature area, and leverage learnings to improve our future product roadmap across desktop, mobile, and app categories.
- 5+ years of technical product or program management of consumer applications
- Creative and critical thinking about product features, architecture, and capabilities
- Strong project management, leadership, and cross-group collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills through all levels of the organization, technical and non-technical
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to think strategically
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, MBA, or similar technical field.
- Worked on AI/ML products
- Both technically adept and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization, from data scientist, engineers to executives
- Ability to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution as needed
- Exceptional collaboration and written and verbal communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.