A Sustainable Protein Company
We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we work to reconnect families with the goodness of food. We are helping to transform the world’s food system so that it can survive, and thrive, for generations to come.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong, values-based culture, where dedicated employees take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, our customers and our communities. Our 11,500 employees thrive in an engaging, open and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and responsibility. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
SENIOR PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - HAMILTON
Reporting to the Group Leader, the Sr. Production Team Leader will be responsible for and provide direction to a team consisting of Production Team Leaders, Process Leaders and Team Members within the Wiener or Deli/Bolo factories. This role will be accountable for ensuring lines are running effectively and optimally within their area with a trained team in place at all times. You lead by example and inspire your team to deliver top results. You are passionate about safety and promote a culture where safety comes first. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. Your approach is collaborative and offer a forum where everyone feels comfortable to bring forward new ideas.
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
- Provide oversight and decision making to support the Group Leader.
- Coach Production Team Leaders, Process Leaders and Team Members on delivering business results, professional development and individual performance issues.
- Audits processes: People System, FSQA, Reliability predictive practices.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to review KPIs, FS/QA, People, Reliability and CI.
- Foster and maintain positive union and employee relations environment by treating all employees with respect, providing timely feedback and grievance resolution.
- Drive a strong safety culture (H&S and Food Safety).
- Develop Team Members through certification training and coaching, providing clear roles and consistent support and feedback for all employees.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives to improve operational results and efficiencies and coaches plant personnel through the identification and improvement of plant performance issues.
- Monitor production inputs/outputs to minimize product loss.
- Optimize and execute daily and weekly production schedules.
- Understand and work with state-of-the-art automation (SAP/MES/SCADA/Equipment HMI).
- Applies knowledge and ensures compliance with CFIA, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Environment, Health & Safety and other legislative bodies that impact plant performance.
- Shall demonstrate full commitment to the implementation of the requirements of the Global Standard for Food Safety and to processes which facilitate continual improvement of food safety and quality management.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER YOU:
• Career development opportunities. Your career will not stop at this role, this is just the beginning
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a unionized, manufacturing environment.
- Post secondary education in Operations Management, Business or related field.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Ability to work as a team with all functional areas to support a common goal.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.