City : Winnipeg
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
• Do what’s right
• Deliver winning results
• Build collaborative teams
• Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
• Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
• Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
SENIOR SUPERVISOR, PRODUCTION (DAYS) - WINNIPEG
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Senior Production Supervisor will be responsible for and provide direction to a team of Production Supervisors and Team Members within the operation. This role will be accountable for ensuring lines are running effectively and optimally within their area with a trained team in place at all times.
A SNAP SHOT OF SOME OF THE EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
• Provide oversight and decision making to support the Production Manager.
• Coach Production Supervisors and Team Members on delivering business results, professional development and individual performance issues.
• Audits processes: People System, FSQA, Reliability predictive practices.
• Conduct weekly team meetings to review KPIs, FS/QA, People, Reliability and CI.
• Foster and maintain positive union and employee relations environment by treating all employees with respect, providing timely feedback and grievance resolution.
• Drive a strong safety culture (H&S and Food Safety).
• Develop Team Members through certification training and coaching, providing clear roles and consistent support and feedback for all employees.
• Participates in continuous improvement initiatives to improve operational results and efficiencies and coaches plant personnel through the identification and improvement of plant performance issues.
• Monitor production inputs/outputs to minimize product loss.
• Optimize and execute daily and weekly production schedules.
What we have to offer you:
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
• Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
• Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
• Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
• Post-secondary education or equivalent industry experience
• Proven initiative and leadership skills.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
• Ability to work as a team with all functional areas to support a common goal.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated