Senior Product Specialist
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4B6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177045
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Oracle E-Biz Solutions Architect is responsible for analyzing functional requirements and creating functional and technical design solutions by leveraging in-depth application knowledge of Oracle e-Biz Applications.
The candidate would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and user needs to formulate solutions that address business strategies along with documentation of detailed user requirements, program functions, and steps required to configure the application to meet User needs.
Is this role right for you?
• Develops ERP strategy by identifying key business and operations drivers regarding growth, profitability, and product and service development; diagnosing and mapping current work processes; establishing integrated core business and operations objectives for marketing, sales, customer service, order fulfillment, manufacturing, supply chain, finance, and human resources functions; determining project scope; uniting senior management behind goals; conducting and analyzing cost vs. benefits and risk analyses; re-engineering work processes; recommending project approaches; planning full project life cycle.
• Establishes global ERP architecture by integrating ERP solutions across functional lines; determining functional layers; establishing partner collaborations; translating ERP needs into Oracle solutions including computer platform, database, networking, systems integration, failsafe, disaster recovery, and security; recommending best-fit and best-breed architectures.
• Deploys ERP architecture by recommending hardware and software solutions (programming, configuring, uploading, downloading, monitoring, controlling, diagnosing, and documenting), tools, and utilities; preparing workflow and business rules including triggers, alerts, procedures, and integration standards; preparing development guidelines; planning and building a data warehouse; building components and custom designs; designing and testing simulations; completing data migration; planning upgradeability; documenting system; resolving problems.
• Validates ERP system performance by defining metrics to measure business and operations systems success; developing and conducting tests of system integration, functional layers, and entire system; fixing problems.
• Maintains project team accomplishments by establishing and monitoring milestones; communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports.
• Manages customer relationship by providing support; communicating ERP standards and infrastructure; answering questions; resolving concerns and issues.
• Increases organization effectiveness by identifying opportunities to leverage solutions to other engagements.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
• Ensure that any IT solutions designed, configured, developed and implemented satisfy the business requirements and manage traceability of requirements through design, configuration, development, and testing.
Do you have the skills?
• Strong knowledge of application implementation and testing best practices and methodologies
• Ability to write functional requirements, use cases, and other analysis/design artifacts
• Minimum of 10 years of overall IT experience of which 5 years of experience in implementing Oracle E-Biz Applications;
• Must have at least 5 years of experience with Oracle E-Biz application including the design and configuration of Financial Accounting Hub with having played a key role in at least two new implementation
• Identify business requirements and align them to Financials Accounting Hub functionality.
• Configure & support Oracle E-Biz Financials Accounting Hub module based on requirements.
• Provide functional application leadership and guidance regarding best practices and the functionality of the software modules through all phases of an implementation.
• Work with business partners to develop business solution designs to ensure that business requirements are met.
• Assist in documenting and performing application set ups for test/prod instances.
• Thoroughly review application set up and configuration with the appropriate client lead to obtain sign off.
• Troubleshoot issues and provide resolutions as they come
• Support project team for successful delivery of the client’s business requirements through all phases of the implementation.
• Identifying, writing and managing business requirements. Contributing to the functional and technical design, prototyping, and process design stages of implementations (including scenario design, flow mapping).
• Supporting configurations, customization, reports and interfaces, testing and user training. Work with the Finance department and other stakeholders to gather information utilizing a variety of techniques such as interviews, work sessions, storyboarding, and prototyping.
• Understand project scope, project goals, product functionality, and desired features.
What’s in it for you?
• We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
• We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
• We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.