Senior Product Manager, Quo Beauty
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Product Development
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
We are hiring a Senior Product Manager, Quo Beauty Cosmetics
Reporting directly to Senior Director Control Brands, Beauty - the incumbent develops and implements plans for assigned private label cosmetic products and product categories to increase market penetration, drive sales and profitability growth and contribute to the success of private label opportunities.
- Researches beauty/cosmetics market, creates product launch strategy, completes product rationales, supplier selection, develops products and packaging with manufacturers and distributors, establishes sales projections, inventory forecasts, negotiates best costing, recommends pricing and merchandising promotions to successfully develop and deliver new products and line extensions.
- Develops and implements strategies aligned with Beauty Category Management to maximize target penetration, market share, sales volume and profitability in assigned product categories.
- Responsible for strategic management of assigned beauty categories and brands to achieve business targets including awareness, brand loyalty, volume, spend and private label penetration.
- Develops strategies for products and categories, including colour cosmetics and cosmetic brush merchandising, packaging, pricing, promotions, marketing and PR to ensure continued growth and maximize sales potential.
- Utilize financial and management information systems to compile, analyze and monitors sales results and margins, and recommends corrective action as required.
- Leads and coordinates business sourcing strategies and negotiates business terms to ensure enterprise margin improvement and category growth.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationship with manufacturers and distributors to ensure proper execution of product launches and optimum service levels.
- Prepares and presents business and category reviews and planogram reviews as required to discuss existing product development plans, sales performance, new product opportunities, service levels, quality, and seasonal promotions.
- Participates in department marketing and merchandising meetings to develop strategies, course correct and actively pursue innovative items and first to market opportunities.
- Monitor and analyze beauty and accessories market trends and the competition.
- Coordinates product development timeline of core planogram products and seasonal collections.
- Deliver internal and external presentations regarding new product introductions, exit strategies, and other initiatives to achieve business objectives.
- Coordinate regular internal and vendor partner meetings and prepare reports outlining the assigned product/category performance and action plans required.
- Manages inventories through service level reviews and determines action plans internally and with vendors to mitigate long term out of stocks.
- Works closely with the Finance team to manage and maintain periodic financial reconciliation of product development budget.
- Works closely with ESG and Thoughtful Choices teams to ensure sustainability targets are met.
- Leads and oversees workloads of Direct Report to ensure work is done accurately, efficiently and complies with policies, procedures, and standards as well as best working practices.
This position requires sound understanding of current beauty, cosmetics and fashion industry trends, a focus on providing an innovative and inspirational customer experience, and extensive collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Utilizes collaborative decision-making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other areas of the business.
- Advanced understanding of beauty marketing, including social and digital media, merchandising practices and procedures.
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills.
- Great understanding of beauty target market, segmentation, and brand positioning.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize workload and adjust accordingly based on strategic initiatives.
- Ability to apply concepts and theories to improve and innovate products.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Computer skills to produce effective reports, documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
Education & Job Knowledge:
Post-secondary education equivalent to a university degree in Business, Marketing, Merchandising or other related field.
7+years in product management / merchandising or equivalent experience preferably in beauty industry.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.