Senior Product Manager (QNX functional safety)
City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry® QNX® is a trusted supplier of safe and secure foundational software and professional services for the world’s most critical embedded systems. We are the embedded authorities. BlackBerry QNX was born in embedded and provides trusted and validated software including our QNX Neutrino® microkernel real-time operating system (RTOS), QNX Hypervisor, QNX Acoustics Management Platform, middleware, and security technologies, all purpose-built for embedded systems.
BlackBerry QNX software is trusted by more than 24 of the top 25 Electric Vehicle (EV) manufacturers and is running in more than 195 million vehicles globally. Our foundation products have been pre-certified to IEC 61508 SIL 3, ISO 26262 ASIL D and IEC 62304 Class C.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead and manage key safety-certified intelligent edge software products in our portfolio for the automotive and critically important embedded market segments.
You possess a strong technical background and have recent experience in an automotive or embedded device environment. If you do not have a solid embedded software background and a passion for functional safety and security, this position is likely not for you.
This role includes both product management and product marketing responsibilities. This includes leading products throughout the entire product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing customer and market requirements, defining and evangelizing the product vision, and working closely with engineering and customers on an ongoing basis to deliver winning products.
- Work with Engineering, Legal, Finance and other groups to lead the BlackBerry QNX functional safety and security product releases from inception to general availability, participating and leading cross-functional initiatives as required
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to perform market and customer needs analysis to develop market opportunity assessments and business model proposals to aid product investment decisions
- Articulate and foster the value proposition for our functional safety and security products and services to customers and key external partners
- Develop sales enablement tools such as white papers, presentations, competitive analysis, and content to support the selling process
- Product launch planning and execution to ensure the product is effectively introduced to the market including a full NPI
- Prime for webinars, tradeshows, customer / prospect meetings and other outbound events
Essential skills and qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent technical degree or diploma program
- You have recent embedded experience with ARM or x86-based embedded device safety certified software
- Product management experience for electronic systems and/or other critically embedded devices
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time embedded software development experience with C, C++
- Proven ability in product management or technical marketing roles
- Consistent track record of working and engaging with top-performing engineering talent
- Knowledge of functional safety standards (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508, EN 50128, DO-178C) and/or security standards (e.g. ISO 21434)
- Strong verbal, written, project management, and interpersonal skills as well as strong customer service orientation are required
- Able to technically engage with automotive and general embedded customers
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40