Senior Product Manager, Internet VAS
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Customer Experience
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 378115
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell Residential and Small Business provides the most innovative, industry-leading Internet, TV and Smart Home products and services to Canadians.
This is an exciting leadership opportunity for the driven career professional with a track record of success.
You will have a chance to partner with other like-minded, high energy professionals that are passionate about contributing to Bell’s goal to advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
Activities will include product lifecycle management, product and service enhancements, competitive benchmarking and analysis, business planning and financial analysis. The successful candidate will drive product vision while ensuring a high quality customer experience; delivering projects on time and on budget, to maintain our competitive advantage. This role requires leadership, maturity, strong business acumen, and an ability to sweat the details of our products and projects, all to ensure amazing experiences for our customers.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
The Senior Product Manager, Internet Value Added Services (VAS) will report to the Director, Products & Services (Smart Home, Satellite TV & Internet VAS) within the Wireline Products organization. Deliverables will include:
- Working closely with your peers, and various external industry partners, to develop and deliver the Bell Internet Value Added Services product strategy and roadmap; a portfolio which includes anti-virus security, email, Bell Tech Expert, and web hosting.
- Partner with Legal, IT, Network, Operations and Marketing teams to deploy new products and projects, as well as service enhancements, which expand and protect our subscriber base and improve customer experience.
- Executing flawlessly on projects, by building the right features for our customers and launching them quickly into the market.
- Develop and execute comprehensive plans to verify that new processes and projects are implemented acordingly, tracking results and addressing issues as they arise.
- Keeping an eye on our traditional and emerging competitors, and updating the organization when market changes occur.
- Providing input into business cases, and leading case development as required, to identify the business reasons for pursuing product initiatives.
- Summarizing conclusions and recommendations in concise and compelling documents which can be presented to executives.
- Managing the product lifecycle across your product portfolio.
- Presenting to an executive audience.
- A university degree, with a focus on Business, Engineering, Technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing a direct or indirect team.
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary teams on cross-functional projects and initiatives.
- Prior experience in building solutions to meet customer needs.
- Previous experience in product development or product management, ideally in the fields of telecom or home entertainment.
- Excellent problem solving skills and track record of strong analytical capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly adjust to changing priorities, with organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to learn and grasp new technologies.
- Great attention to detail and execution skills, with an ability to take initiative and get the job done.
- Strong people, presentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of overall business strategy and operations including business processes, revenue and cost components and drivers of these measures.
- An MBA is a strong asset.
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile development methodologies.
- Prior experience in user interface and user experience development.
- Knowledge of Bell Wireline products (Internet, Internet VAS, TV, Home Phone, Smart Home).
#talent #tech #indeed #LI-JW1 #LI-Hybrid
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Don Mills || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/16/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.