Senior Product Designer- VP
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
We are seeking Product Designers at all levels to join our growing team within RBC’s Cash Management division. Our newly formed Experience Design team employs user-centered design practices and methods to create extraordinary customer experiences which transform the market. You will be responsible for creating innovative digital experiences for a range of products serving our diverse customer base. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of driving innovation in a cross-functional organization to design and build the next-generation digital interfaces. Please note: Toronto based role.
What will you do?
- Collaborate closely across our cross-functional team to bring the voice of the customer to every conversation – and ensure we are building the best products in the market
- Independently produce, deliver, and validate high-quality end-to-end product(s), with a focus on ideating short-term design strategies and features with our product team
- Bring a high-performing product design skillset and the ability to leverage design thinking practices to build UI/ UX flows that balance strategic business goals with the needs of clients
- Understands the capabilities, strengths, and limitations of our technology stack to best align design and development to optimize efficiency, performance and user value
- Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas and designs
- Collaborate with core team members to introduce new product features and create a better user experience based on user feedback
- Work within our Agile team structure and provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Ensure adherence to Accessibility guidelines while keeping Inclusivity top-of-mind
- Support and mentor junior designers through day-to-day design challenges
What do you need to succeed?
- The knack to ask “why?”— you believe in data-driven decisions that are strategically informed to drive meaningful solutions to user problems and opportunities
- A deep collaborative approach to solving challenges—you understand your gaps and work with others to move the product forward so everybody wins
- Support for continuous and iterative improvement—you are comfortable with feedback cycles that are openly communicative and generous within one-on-one and large team settings
- Being meticulous and detail-oriented—you advocate for beautiful visual design balanced with solid UX
- An adaptive mindset that is able to navigate challenging or ambiguous problems
- An exceptional eye for detail and passion for quality
- Keen desire to gain in-depth knowledge of our customers and design complex financial services applications that are both intuitive and efficient
- Experience with a wide range of design and prototyping tools (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle)
- Desire to work through the entire UCD process using methods like sketching, storyboarding, diagramming, wireframing, prototyping, and user research
- Deep knowledge in 2-3 key areas: UX/Prototyping & Interaction Design, UI/Visual Design, Understanding Human Behavior, Business and Product Strategy, Design Thinking, Accessibility and Inclusive Design, Information Design, Information Architecture, Design Systems
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial Design) or a related field or equivalent experience
- Portfolio / Case Studies with recent work samples
- Experience designing Native Apps and Responsive Web platforms
- Financial Services product design experience
- Experience integrating the Jobs-to-be-Done framework
What’s in it for you?
We are building something completely new in a dynamically changing industry – grab this opportunity to leverage the significant resources of our business and brand to make change happen in the real world. In addition, we offer;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- A dedicated manager who will support, coach, and work with you to develop an individual career growth plan
- Strong support from our personable Leadership team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- An agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.