Senior Product Designer
City : Vancouver
Category : See Posting
Industry : Technology
Employer : Microsoft
Help us build an ! Web Experience Collective (WXC) is a design and research team working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, advertising, shopping, news, maps and Edge. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer with strong consumer product design experience to help us with the next wave of payment, personal finance and loyalty experiences. For this role we’re looking for individuals with superb visual and interaction design skills, seasoned storyteller, comfortable with ambiguity involved in inventing v1 experiences. You will develop experience concepts, test them with customers and refine them based on customer feedback. You will work with other designers to ensure experience coherence and deliver engaging, beautiful, inclusive, and accessible experiences that customers love.
- Drive product experience strategy, interaction design, visual design and crafsmanship for a v1 product
- Closely collaborate with other designers, researchers, product managers, marketing, and developers from early product stages to implementation
- Understand the behaviors, motivations, and needs of our customers to develop relevant and impactful experiences
- Contribute to strategic product planning via experience roadmaps
- Propose creative solutions to complex user experience journeys, drawing on your ability to map end-to-end experiences
- Create wireframes, journey maps, user jobs and scenarios, task flows, and personas in support of interaction designs for web-based experiences
- Contribute to visual design from concept to delivery. Facilitate the creative visual design process by producing the visual language for a product.
- Create visual design documents including mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, product renderings/visualizations, motion studies, iconography, illustrations, layouts, and redlines
- Identify new opportunities and generate innovative ideas to improve our processes, products, and culture, influencing design direction and research methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Product Design, Industrial Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 5+ years experience working in product or service design
- OR Master's Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 4+ years experience working in product or service design
- OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- Demonstrated sense of interaction design, including accessibility and inclusive design
- Strong visual design skills
- Motion design skills preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation / storytelling skills, with the ability to energize teams and advocate for your ideas
- Experience designing in Figma
- Resume must include a link to design portfolio
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to energize teams and advocate for your ideas
- Knowledge of UX research methodologies and analyzing research data
- Strong problem-solving skills demonstrated in visual design skills or user research rigor. Resume must include a link to design portfolio and/or user research case studies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#Design# #wxc# #WebXT#