Senior Procurement Specialist – AOPS
City : Halifax
Category : Supply Chain
Industry : Transportation equipment manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
SENIOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALISTS
Located at 3099 Barrington Street in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3K 5M7, and 35 Micmac Boulevard, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3A 4Y8, Irving Shipbuilding is proud to be Canada’s National Shipbuilder. Over the next 30 years, our shipbuilders will construct 20+ modern patrol ships and surface combatants for the Royal Canadian Navy as part of the largest defence procurement project in Canadian history.
We have built more than 80% of Canada's current combatant fleet and continue to perform maintenance and modernization work on these vessels. We are committed to building the best ships, with the best workforce in the best facilities. By joining our team of more than 2,300 shipbuilders, you can enjoy a dynamic, diverse, and family-friendly career with a company dedicated to your success, learning, health, wellness, and safety.
At Irving Shipbuilding, we’re making history – why not make it with us? Learn more about careers at Irving Shipbuilding: shipsforcanada.ca/opportunities.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking a Senior Procurement Specialists.
This is a permanent full-time role based in Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia. The primary language of work is English. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women (applying for non-traditional positions), persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. ISI encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter/resume portion of your application. Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment where all employees feel supported and valued. ISI is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the workplace to persons with disabilities. Candidates who require accommodation during the selection process are invited to contact email@example.com.
· Education: Academically qualified with a recognized university bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain, Science or Engineering.
· Experience: 7 Years or more of Supply Chain Procurement experience in aerospace, heavy manufacturing, naval shipbuilding or the defence industry.
· International contracting experience with Tier 1 OEMs for Marine/Naval, Defence and/or Aerospace sectors preferred.
· Supply Chain accreditations in SCMP, MCIPS or ISM would be considered an asset.
· Demonstrated results leading negotiations and managing high-value, complex contracts.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· High attention to detail.
· Previous exposure to market analytics and insights.
· Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills.
· Knowledge of the Federal Government’s Procurement policies and terms and conditions of trade.
· Knowledge of industry wide Project Controls systems (analysis of KPI variations, trends and possible impacts to the Program)
· Previous teaching and mentoring experience.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
· Conduct integrated sourcing initiatives including:
o Development and implementation of category sourcing strategies.
o Analysis of market/supply conditions (e.g. availability, pricing, lead-times and capacity)
· Perform pre-contract activity including:
o Requirement definition and contracting strategy.
o Supplier Qualification, tender process, RFI, RFP, RFQ with vendors.
o Tender evaluations / supplier selection
· Perform contract management including:
o Development and execution of contracting plan.
o Negotiation, execution and management of Equipment and Service contracts, direct with Tier 1 and Tier 2 OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers);
o Supplier Performance management including supplier quality, cost, and delivery.
o Risk identification and management within contract portfolio.
o Purchase Order generation in support of strategic supplier activities.
· Undertake continuous improvement activities including:
o Program stakeholder engagement (Engineering, Program Management, Finance)
o Key Performance Indicator development and monitoring.
o Development and refinement of supply chain processes.
o Cost analysis for direct material and services.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.