Senior Problem Management Specialist
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers is seeking a Senior Operations Specialist accountable for supporting the overall Technology Problem Management processes with a focus on Root Cause Analysis and Continuous Improvement through the identification and elimination of “problems” in order to minimize or prevent customer impacting events and drive improved resiliency and availability of service. In addition to supporting Problem Management process, the successful candidate would have strong facilitation and project management skills, ability to drive technical discussions, hold others accountable for deliverables, provide updates and communicate with senior leaders within Technology on various Problem related initiatives and programs.
As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks.
Supporting the Senior Manager of Technology Problem Management:
What you will do:
- Responsible for the day-to-day requirements of the Technology Problem Management process and requirements
- Responsible for leveraging departmental data, analytics, root cause methodologies and incident driven data to identify trends and improvement opportunities as it relates to Network availability and service performance. Provide detailed analysis and insights to help define the identified ‘problem” and severity as well as determine best course of action
- Using the same available data and analytics, identify new opportunities with regards to Proactive Problem Management providing detailed analysis and insight and helping to define scope and process for newly identified areas of opportunity
- Facilitate/Lead/Manage discussions and key milestones across Technology and other Rogers organizations as required or upon request aimed at resolving identified “problems” and driving improvements to the end to end customer service experience. Provide ongoing insights and updates for Senior Management and Key Stakeholders through to problem resolution
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of required artifacts and provide feedback as necessary to ensure adherence to documentation standards.
- Lead, Support and Drive Problem Management initiatives targeted at improving Customer Experience, Operational efficiencies and Problem Management Process. Ie Dashboards, System Enhancements, Confluence Space
- Act as Prime from Problem Management on larger scale Technology programs as needed supporting any Problem Management requirements, raising awareness to new issues and bringing awareness and understanding back to the team
- Identify best practice opportunities and where appropriate share across other teams
- Participate in special projects, as required
- Some flexible hours of work may be required
- Understand the breadth of the network and services based upon the evolving needs of the business, leveraging experience and leadership to collaborate with peers of the same level and challenge them diligently
- Ensure alignment with ITIL v4 and other industry best practices and methodologies
- Support/Facilitate Root Cause Analysis/ Lessons Learned discussions for Major and High Profile incidents. Complete Executive Summary as required
- Act as 1st level support for Problem Management Operations Specialists helping to provide guidance and support on day to day activities in order to deliver results and drive a high performance culture
- Assists in the preparation of Problem Management data for reporting and analytics
- Establishes and builds a healthy working relationship within Technology at all levels
What you bring:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data-driven techniques, analyze and interpret data to drive meaningful insight and continued focus on Continuous Improvement
- Bachelor's degree in a related Engineering, IT or related field
- Project Management Certification required
- Previous Project/Program Management experience would be an asset
- ITIL Foundations Certification required
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in Telecommunications/IT networks
- Demonstrated knowledge of Telecommunications/IT Networks technology, operational processes
- Formal training and experience in a structured problem analysis method is an asset. (Lean Six Sigma or similar methodology)
- Good to excellent understanding of Rogers services and Technology related to the delivery of Connected Home, Wireless and other offered services.
- Excellent Critical Thinking skills
- Cloud Certification is an asset
- Strong communications skills – written and oral – including strong listening skills
- Strong facilitation skills at all levels within the organization
- Skilled in influencing others and persistent in driving others to take action
- Ability to translate technical information into an executive-level report
- Ability to think outside the box, talk openly and ask tough questions; looking for solutions that put customers first
- Ability to communicate and interface at all levels of the organization – from technician to CTO
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement
- Ability to work in challenging and ambiguous environments
- Strong technical skills
Schedule: Full time
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment