Senior Power House Operator (2nd Class)
City : Lethbridge
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
The Power Engineer will act as the Lead Operator who is responsible for the safe, efficient and reliable operation and maintenance of the Waste Water Treatment system, as well as the Boiler, Refrigeration, and Utilities and all their auxiliary and ancillary equipment.
Relationships and Contacts:
This person reports directly to the Chief Power Engineer. This person interacts with all employees in the facility as well as vendors and contractors.
- Act as lead hand in the Boiler Room and Waste Water Treatment.
- Coordinate contractors and maintenance activites.
- Supervise daily operator activites and maintain reocres for monitoring, rounds, and water testing.
- Standardize procedure and practive for daily operation.
- Manage parts and chemical inventories.
- Coordinatoe vendors and optimiing equipment and plant processes.
- Adherence to sustaining ABSA Power Engineers Act, Boilers and Pressure Vessels ACt and all associated boiler and refrigeration regulations.
- Startup and shutdown boiler and auxiliary systems and equipment as required.
- Startup and shutdown of the ammonia refrigeration systems on a continuous basis maintaining equipment within operational guidelines.
- The worker will actively monitor the DCS computer screens and adjust as required for optimal performance efficiency.
- Maintain water treatment equipment. filters, and reverse osmosis systems, etc.
- Maintain and monitor Air Compressors, Air Drier, and Instrument air system processes.
- Maintain and monitor fire water pumps.
- Participate in holding equipment availability to the predetermined target.
- Support maintenance schedules and permit work activites.
- Lock and Tag equipment in preperation for maintenance activities.
- Follow Operator Standard Work daily routines to verify equipment running within set parameters and ensuring reliabile operation.
- Troubleshoot and anticipate problems with equipment repraing if possible or informing the supervisor if it can't be rectified.
- Preventitive maintenance routines as scheduled.
- Complete small repairs on equipment as rquired, ie. tightening packings, cleaning small check valves, repairing steam and condensate leaks, etc.
- The worker must keep water treatment room, boiler room, refrigeration room, offices, etc, neat and clean, washing, mopping floors, removing clutter, etc.
- Monitor and maintain HVAC.
- Recevie and offload delivieries of water treatment chemicals.
Health and Safety Responsibilties:
- Using or wearing protective equipment designated by the accident prevention policy.
- Demonstrate strong Health, Safety, and Environmental behaviours.
- Demonstrate HSE leadership through safety programs, safe operation, participating in hazard identification, lead by example supporting and improving Irving's safety culture.
- Maintain a compressive knowledge of all critical safety systems and shutdowns.
- Support license to operate - meeting Canadian Food Inspection Agency and Alberta environmental requirements.
- Ammonia handling skill level and safety precautions with its handling and use.
- Support Emergency Response Team in dealing with plant emergencies or ammonia release.
- Follow safe work precedures and report any workplace or job hazards.
- Report any unsafe conditions or acts to your supervisor immediately.
- Report all accidents or injuries to your supervisor immediately.
Food Safety Responsibilities:
- Follow good manufacuturing practices and HACCP rules.
- Participate in food safety and quality programs of the facility within the specific role.
- Reporting of food safety, food security, quality and pest control concerns to the immediate supervisor.
- Participate in sanitation activites.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Valid 2nd Class Power Engineering Certification.
- Consideration will be given for 3rd Class Engineers with progress towards 2nd Class Certification.
- Grade 12 education.
- Able to work 12 hours shifts including nights and weekends.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and alone for extended periods.
- Willingness to learn.
- Work in a safet and efficient manner.
- Follow personal hygiene rules.
- Have up to date tickets and associate duties of the position.
We appreciate your interest in our company!
This initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.