Senior Pentest Services Advisor- Hybrid
City : Scarborough, ON, CA, M1K5L1
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 183822
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Information Security & Control (IS&C)’s Cyber Security Red Team has global accountability and is highly supportive of the Bank’s business, enabling execution of the Bank’s strategies, operations and services, while ensuring that appropriate application and cyber security practices are adhered to. This function provides core competency in proactively detecting application and network vulnerabilities while working with the appropriate teams in instituting appropriate controls to mitigate risks, specifically as it pertains to system vulnerabilities and threats.
In this role, you will be expected to work closely with the application development groups from every line of business in the Bank to integrate application and network security processes and procedures into the software development lifecycle. You will work closely with vendors and the Bank’s internal penetration testing team to ensure regulatory driven penetration testing programs are executed.
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
• Collaborate with IT management teams, security advisory and IT Risk teams, on a Global Scale to ensure effective execution of mandated assessments
• Develop/enhance and/or execute effective communication models to assist with the management of reported vulnerabilities and their remediation with the development and infrastructure in support of risk management practices
• Develop/enhance and/or execute strategies and processes to track, manage and communicate reported results of testing
• Be responsible for adherence to established process flows that ensure development teams, infrastructure teams and business owners implement control measure that effectively mitigate or eliminate risk.
• Be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of all findings to the appropriate teams, different levels of management and business risk owners
• Be responsible for scheduling, oversight of execution, and forwarding deliverables to stakeholders and other Security teams within IS&C.
• Develop/enhance KPI, team output and work effort metrics and financial usage reports
• Develop/enhance penetation test vulnerability metrics reports both Enterprise wide, and per Business Line / region
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
• You have 5+ years as a Project Manager or Technical Coordinator or security related experience
• You have a natural curiosity for how things work, exploring unknowns, and unafraid to test perceived limitations.
• You have strong customer service skills
• You possess strong communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English. The same in Spanish is a considered an asset.
• You have well-rounded interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships cross-functionally, based on Scotiabank’s values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability.
• You have experience managing financial budgets, financial reporting, reviewing invoicing and statements of work
• You have the ability to read and comprehend regulatory documentation
• You have a dynamic personality, able to work with a wide scope of work that is ever changing.
What's in it for you?
• As an inhouse team member, you will have the opportunity to work in a diverse team, that encourages teamwork, and provides learning opportunities, time for knowledge sharing.
• You will work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top cybersecurity and technology companies around the world
• We have no stuffy dress codes; casual attire is welcome.
• We offer flexible work arrangements, with the ability to work from home.
• We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
• Opportunity to make a significant impact, as you will contribute to achieving the Bank’s regulatory and compliance commitments as well our responsibility and commitment to keeping our customers secure.
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.