Senior Oracle DBA – Tangerine
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M2H0A1
Category : Database Administrator
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 188176
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is, and we continue to evolve to tackle any opportunity and face every challenge through progressive technology and the power of collaboration.
Do you like new challenges? Are you ready to reach new heights in your career and become part of an established disruptor? If so, come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
Tangerine’s Infrastructure Operations team works as part of Scotiabank’s Global Operations group to manage the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems.
Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure Project & Database Systems, you will design, install, monitor, maintain, and tune databases while ensuring high levels of data and system availability. You are also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
You will be a part of a dedicated team of Database professionals in a flexible working environment, including flexible opportunities to work both remotely and in an office location.
In this role, there are special working conditions, as required at times by project or business needs, which may include a range of circumstances, such as after-hours and weekend work; as well as providing rotational 24x7, on-call production support.
Is this role right for you?
- You are keen to assess and develop long-term strategic goals for databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- You are willing to work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- You excel at configuring & designing database architecture to scale and adapt to changing Operational and platform technologies (e.g., automation, diverse platform, cloud, etc…)
- You are ready to plan and coordinate software patching and upgrades and facilitate data migrations between systems.
- You thrive at monitoring and tuning database operating parameters to ensure optimal performance, reliability, and availability.
- You take pride in responding to and resolve database access and performance issues.
- You are motivated to design, test, and implement backup and recovery strategies and contingency plans.
- You can implement corporate policy and audits; develop, publish, enforce, and maintain standards and procedures.
- You are eager to troubleshoot problems & provide database problem resolution assistance to IT staff.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You possess good communication (verbal/written) skills to convey/present technical information & ideas in user friendly language to both technical and non-technical audiences. Furthermore, you also have good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
- You have at least 8+ years of progressive hands-on technical working experience as a DBA with at least 5+ of those years administering Oracle 12 & above databases by creating, installing, configuring, back-up & recovery, upgrades & migrations.
- You must have at least 2+ years of hands-on technical working experience administering Oracle 19c.
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with designing, deploying, and administering highly available & resilient database systems.
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in applying SQL for database performance & tuning.
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM 12 & 13).
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Dataguard & Disaster Recovery administration; performing database duplication and standby database with RMAN; and migrating to multi-tenant architecture - Customer Data Platform / Pluggable Database (CDB/PDB).
- You can demonstrate DBA working experience in UNIX or Linux Operating environments.
- You can demonstrate working knowledge of Oracle Wallet, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) connections, data encryption (i.e., Transparent Data Encryption - TDE); NoSQL database & in-memory data store.
- You can work well independently in a hybrid working environment & effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- You have a keen attention to detail.
- A strong asset to have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with administering Redis in-memory databases supporting a real-time client-facing applications.
- Hands-on technical working experience on Qlik Replicate (Attunity) is also an asset.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream.
- You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team of Client-focused go-getters looking to learn from each other in an environment that celebrates and recognizes success!
- You will have access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can shape your career growth with the support from diverse industry leaders.
- You will get our help to save for your future and to invest in your total wellbeing through our Tangerine benefits*.
- You belong here, we are equal and un-complicated. Bring your true self to work, dress codes don’t apply here.
- You will enjoy workspace flexibility and all the excitement that comes from working at the official Bank of the Toronto Raptors.
*Tangerine employees participate in Scotiabank’s pension & benefits programs (available to permanent employees)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.