Senior Operations Readiness Specialist
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers Communications is seeking a Sr. Operational Readiness Specialist to join the Operational Readiness team within Technology. The position will be responsible for enforcing and enabling new technologies and services that supports business & customer services and applications, assisting the PMO, Engineering and Operations, by ensuring the required Operational needs are met to transition to the production environment.
In addition to supporting to process, the successful candidate would have a strong ability to hold others accountable for deliverables, provide updates and communicate with senior leaders within Operations and track items to conclusion.
The position is designed to work with different project styles (Waterfall and Agile) and interface across the Technology Organization being part of multiple programs at once.
As part of the recruitment process, successful candidates will be required to complete criminal and credit background checks.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the day-to-day requirements of the Operational Readiness process and requirements
- Participate within program meetings as an Ops Representative and ensure require all required stakeholders are engaged
- Obtain Ops sign-offs from Directors and teams to ensure compliance to the NTI/NPI process
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of required artifacts and provide feedback as necessary to ensure adherence to documentation standards.
- Continuously evaluate and evolve the Operational Readiness process, implementing new solutions that address the most identified gaps.
- Identify best practice opportunities and where appropriate share across other teams
- Participate in specific Operations Management activities, as required.
- Participate in special projects, as required
- Be focused on Continuous Improvement in all areas of Operations
- Some flexible hours of work may be required.
- Understand the breadth of the network and services based upon the evolving needs of the business, leveraging experience and leadership to collaborate with peers of the same level and challenge them diligently
- Enforce and support daily/weekly/monthly KPI’s and Metrics
- Continually seek and implement opportunities to increase Customer Satisfaction.
- Ensure alignment with ITIL v4 and other industry best practices and methodologies.
- Work with stakeholders to plan and implement new features and enhancements required
- Define key business metrics or indicators that drive excellence in process execution.
- adoption of the operations change management process and policies.
- Communicate the Policies, Processes, and Procedures to customers and stakeholders.
What you bring:
- Experienced in acting as a Governing Body to enforce Policy and procedure.
- Build partnerships and foster teamwork with stakeholders across Technology teams.
- Experience with ITIL methodologies and industry best practices
- Experience in a multi-vendor service delivery, including experience with large Service Management rollouts
- Understanding of network fundamentals, IP transport and fiber networks and project lifecycle within telecommunications
- Good presentation, facilitation, collaboration and team leadership skills.
- Influencing others, negotiation and not afraid to hold those accountable for quality and meeting the requirements for Operational Readiness
- Working knowledge of industry standard architectural tools, processes and frameworks.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve a wide range of technical problems.
- Resolves problems independently and/or through a support team.
- Experience of planning and progressing work activities using initiative and independent judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Likes to have fun and working cross-functional
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients/partners is of significant importance, specifically at senior management level.
- Excellent analytical skills are required
- Be able to make a decision under pressure, think quickly and present factual arguments for further discussion
- Working knowledge of PMP is an asset, including tools such as JIRA/Confluence, MS Project, PowerPoint and Excel
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 285457
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology