Senior Network Security Analyst, Security Integration (GCS)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Opportunity?
The Security Integration team is looking for an automation specialist who is experienced in large-scale network security appliance deployments. The ideal candidate will leverage automation-driven control monitoring and control assurances for network security technologies including firewalls, intrusion prevention, network malware prevention, proxies, and VPN gateways. You will also participate in implementing appliances and providing advanced level technical support.
Regularly working with clients, business partners, escalation teams (implementation/engineering), and vendors, you will resolve incidents/problems, perform root cause analysis, and deliver infrastructure changes across the Global RBC Enterprise.
You will have the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional security analyst roles. If you are a strong technical professional with proven experience evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches—we have a spot for you on our team.
What will you be doing?
- Automate processes with Python (or equivalent languages), identify opportunities for efficiency gains, and enable continuous delivery.
- Support and lead the implementation of automation use cases and provide support for SRE processes and standards.
- Deploy and maintain lifecycle of firewalls, intrusion prevention, network malware prevention, proxies, and VPN gateways. Provide the day-to-day Level 2 Support for security platforms.
- Respond to network security events and incident escalations from the first-level support desk.
- Create/improve documentation for automation initiatives and network projects.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotational shifts including evenings and nights.
- Participate in meetings and training sessions to review and understand new technology and service deployments.
What do you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience with building and troubleshooting network security appliances
- Solid understanding and troubleshooting capability of L2/L3 protocols (ARP, HSRP, VRRP, STP, BGP, VRF, OSPF) in a Cisco environment
- Knowledge of security concepts such as NAT/PAT, IPSEC, SSL, DDoS, IP Spoofing etc.
- Exceptional understanding of the OSI model, application protocols such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, Telnet, SSH, TCP/IP, including packet inspection/protocol analysis using packet analyzers for troubleshooting
- Coding experience in Python (or equivalent programming languages), and knowledge of Windows and Linux servers.
- Experience developing, testing, and troubleshooting automation scripts using REST APIs; and experience working with DevOps CI/CD pipelines (Git, Jenkins) and associated security protocols e.g., OAuth
- Excellent communication skills, time management and prioritization skills
- Certification in at least one of the firewall platforms and expert working experience working with the following network and security appliances/vendors: Firewalls (FireEye, Arbor, Cisco Firepower, Check Point, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco IOS & NX-OS based routers & switches, Bluecoat Proxy, Symantec SSLV)
- Experience of code review, creating test plans and test cases written by peers.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.