Senior Mine Engineer
City : Saskatoon
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Mine Engineer - ( 230001NI )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Stantec’s Mining, Minerals and Metals Practice is seeking a Senior Mining Engineer interested in joining an established team of industry leaders in Sudbury, ON. The successful candidate will support global mining projects and help our clients unlock potential by engineering safe, innovative, and sustainable solutions to complex challenges. We’re a group of forward-thinking professionals defined by our entrepreneurial spirit and unwavering pursuit of not only what’s next, but also what’s best. Join a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make a big impact.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and/or support the development of scoping, prefeasibility, and feasibility level mining studies
- Provide technical mine planning support and direction to Junior/Intermediate Engineers and Technologists
- Support due diligence and technical audits
- Author technical reports
- Act as peer reviewer of drawings, specifications, mine planning, and technical reports
- Provide support to business development pursuits and authoring of proposals as required
- Support the development of capital and operating cost estimates
- Lead project teams performing trade-off and optimization studies including but not limited to mine access, haulage, ventilation, and fleet electrification
- Domestic and International travel with the possibility of extended stays may be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency in CAD based mine design applications
- Proficiency in compiling and presenting data (PowerBI, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in directing Junior/Intermediate level Engineering support
- Strong understanding of various mining methods and mine systems
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Be a driver of a safety and promote a positive work culture
Education and Experience
- 8 years of relevant industry experience
- Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Professional Engineer status
- Operations experience in underground hard rock mining considered an asset
- Experience with Deswik mine planning applications considered a strong asset
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Ontario-North Bay
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 6, 2023, 1:38:12 PM
Req ID: 230001NI
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans