Senior Mechanical Engineer – Healthcare
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Healthcare - ( 210001CF )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our Toronto office has an immediate need for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to assume a leadership position within our Healthcare portfolio. Representing our multi-disciplinary engineering practice, you will work alongside your architectural counterpart in formulating strategic and business plans, maintaining our robust healthcare client base while developing relationships with new clients. The position actively represents the Toronto office in Stantec’s corporate Healthcare community on both the national and international stage. This position will lead strategic projects, be client facing, responsible for business development, contribute to project delivery standards and work processes, provide quality control, workload forecasting, financial performance accountability and collaboration with other disciplines. By maintaining active knowledge in industry developments in healthcare design and drive Stantec’s sustainable vision in low to net zero energy and carbon designs, you will contribute to differentiating Stantec from other competing firms and positions Stantec as innovators in the industry. Supporting our Mechanical Studio Lead, you will also assist in providing technical and business direction and staff mentorship throughout the mechanical practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and technical expertise in Healthcare and Laboratories Mechanical Engineering.
- Represent the multi-disciplinary engineering practice in all Healthcare related business within local and corporate venues.
- Lead the development of annual client engagement, strategic and business plans for the office engineering Healthcare portfolio.
- Monitor annual sales, revenue and expenses against plan.
- Develop and maintain our base of healthcare clients.
- Develop and maintain our expertise in various forms of project delivery from technical advisor and compliance consultant to proponent support.
- Lead design teams on a variety of healthcare projects of various scales.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario is required.
- Expected to have a fulsome knowledge and expertise in Canadian Standards for HVAC, Plumbing, Medical Gases and Fire Protection systems design
- LEED® or similar green building certification is desired.
- Working knowledge of Revit. Good MS Office Suite experience is required.
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Canadian Standards Codes and guidelines is very desirable. Knowledge of other International healthcare guidelines would be beneficial.
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized with effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Project management experience is desired, with an ability to manage work in a team-oriented environment and see projects through to completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a high proficiency in English is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in specification writing.
- Understanding of multidisciplinary coordination through design and the construction process.
Education and Experience15 years of experience working within al Design Firm, with a focus on Healthcare Building Design.
Mechanical Engineering Degree from a nationally accredited engineering program.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Mechanical Engineer
Organization : BC-1610 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 27, 2021, 10:43:57 AM
Req ID: 210001CF
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans