Senior Mechanical Engineer, Buildings
City : Ottawa, ON
Category : Buildings - Centrus
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project located in our Downtown Ottawa office. A key member of the Mechanical and Electrical Team reporting to the Mechanical and Electrical Team Lead, this person will be a team player in an evolving team, responsible for developing the design of electrical building systems through to completion of the design packages in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Provide leadership in the pursuit of leading-edge engineering solutions for the various mechanical building systems, including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and building automation and control systems.
- Work in conjunction with different stakeholder groups to identify, develop and articulate the merits of different options for the various mechanical systems, and to make recommendations for stakeholder acceptance.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and positive direction to less experienced team members in order for them to feel comfortable to take on more complex technical challenges.
- Conducting quality reviews throughout the design process to ensure best practice design principles are being followed, and that the design meets the requirements of all applicable codes and standards to satisfy the requirements of the authority having jurisdiction.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- Minimum 10 years mechanical engineering and design experience on major complex building projects – experience with large scale, heritage designated projects a distinct advantage.
- Experience working in different delivery models – i.e. CM, Design Build, P3 - is required.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and problem solve in an integrated team environment.
- Must possess detailed working knowledge of the National Building Code of Canada and the Ontario Building Code.
- Detailed understanding of LEED v4.0 and ASHRAE standards.
- Must possess detailed working knowledge of NFPA and CAN/ULC Standards for Life Safety Systems.
- Must have an advanced understanding of quality standards relative to mechanical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles.
- A working level understanding of REVIT MEP 3D is considered a definite advantage.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Applications.