Senior Materials Buyer/Planner
City : See posting
Category : See posting
Industry : Pharmaceutical/Healthcare
Employer : Teva Canada
Who are we?
The Senior Planner will manage the MRP inventory levels based on the 0-36 month forward window, on inventory buffers along a supply corridor that includes raw materials (direct or indirect) and packaging components (printed or non-printed).
Tasks and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To ensure the raw materials (API, excipients), packaging components (printed, non-printed) & non-Bill of Material items are available to support the MPS (Master Production Scheduling). This includes new business opportunities, launches and all reports / metrics associated
- Run and verify Supplier Forecast (on demand) and ensure PO’s are placed and fulfilled in an effective and timely manner as per material requirements identified by ERP system. Maintain accurate PO dates.
- Acts as primary liaison with suppliers (on day-to-day supply issues) and internal stakeholders, and as primary contact for the resolution of supply issues
- Analysis of Inventory Levels; purchase and manage inventory levels based on site targets ($ value)
- Supervisor Related Responsibilities: train, develop and manage effectively the ongoing performance of any/all direct reports
- College/University - Degree/diploma, or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, administration, supply chain operations or related discipline. Preferred: CSCMP or APICS (CPIM or CIRM) designation or working towards completion of certification
- Three (3) + years of demonstrated buying/planning experience. Preferred: Experience in managing pharmaceutical products in an operations environment
- Computer skills especially with Excel and ERP systems (ERP (SAP) or SAP)
- Good understanding of MRP and procurement process, planning and supply chain processes.
- Develop and maintain a good knowledge of the materials/products in specific portfolio
- Understanding of purchasing and negotiating processes.
- Good understanding of markets behaviors and characteristics, in particular related to the pharmaceutical business.
- General knowledge of the manufacturing and packaging environments
- Knowledge of financial functions
- Pharmaceutical experience is ideal
Already Working @TEVA?
If you are a current Teva employee, please apply using the internal career site available on "Employee Central". By doing so, your application will be treated with priority. You will also be able to see opportunities that are open exclusively to Teva employees. Use the following link to search and apply: Internal Career Site
The internal career site is available from your home network as well. If you have trouble accessing your EC account, please contact your local HR/IT partner.