Senior Marketing Representative, Copper and Molybdenum
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: March 28, 2023
Reporting to the Head, Copper and Molybdenum Marketing, the Senior Marketing Representative, Copper and Molybdenum is responsible for supporting the sales and marketing activities for the company’s copper mines in specific geographic regions.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist Marketing Managers in developing specific marketing and sales recommendations based on customer requirements
- Assist in the preparation work leading up to the negotiation of contract sales
- Assist in the administration and preparation of sales contracts and sales forecasts
- Develop and execute short term or spot sales of copper and molybdenum concentrates
- Responsible for financial / netback analysis of commercial contract settlements
- Work closely with the Sales Administration and Logistics teams to ensure smooth execution of sales
- Work closely with Teck’s Credit Department to ensure sales are in line with Teck’s financial risk management and credit policies
- Work closely with Teck’s Accounting and Finance Department to ensure Sales and Revenue guidance and tracking
- Responsible for understanding market developments & trends, and communicating market intelligence to all internal stakeholders in a timely manner
- Actively seek to improve commercial arrangements with existing and new customers
- Actively seek to enhance the long-term returns from sales, while always operating in line with Teck’s values
- University or equivalent degree in Business, Commerce or a technical field (Engineering, Geology)
- 7-10 years of experience preferably in coal, raw materials or industrial products, ideally in a Marketing related area
- Functional spoken and written Spanish is strongly preferred
- Capable of developing negotiating abilities
- Superior interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical and organizational abilities
- High energy and action-oriented individual that produces results
- Ability to work in a dynamic market environment and ability to handle ambiguity and change effectively
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to corporate values with special emphasis on Teck’s commitment to safety and sustainability
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Teck has been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes list of the World’s Best Employers for the past two years and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.