Senior Manager, Workforce & Transformation Analytics
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
RBC Canadian Banking Operations (CBO) Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence is hiring a Senior Manager, Workforce & Transformation Analytics role that will lead strategic insights for CBO by utilizing cutting edge technologies to drive digital operations. The position plays a key role in driving strategic, timely, and accurate insights to business partners and senior leaders.
What will you do?
- Lead the design and development innovative reporting solutions to monitor operational performance, present insights to underlying drivers, and support leaders in managing their business
- Source data from various platforms and build automated data pipelines.
- Lead conversations with business partners to solicit requirements and project feedback.
- Apply standard design principles and advanced data visualization techniques to provide actionable insights.
- Test and validate new and existing reports and analytics for adherence to business and technical requirements.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation related to reporting solutions, including specifications, data lineage, technical and business definitions for metrics, and test plan/test cases.
- Frequently interact with internal partners to understand their business processes and objectives in order to define/recommend reporting solutions to meet those objectives, effectively communicate project status and develop relationships to ensure satisfaction.
- Lead design and solution review demonstrations with senior leaders and other internal partners at critical tollgates to ensure adherence to requirements, resolve obstacles, while mitigating deployment risk and the need for post-deployment modifications.
- Be a thought leader within the Data & Analytics COE, applying a strategic lens to the development of automated insights, advancing technical capabilities and influencing an environment of continuous improvement.
What do you need to succeed?
- Advanced proficiency in developing reports using Tableau.
- Proven innovative mindset with quantitative analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expert ETL and data modeling capabilities, and programming experience with large databases/datasets (using tools such as Python (Pandas/PySpark), SQL/SQL Server, Teradata SQL Assistant, etc.)
- Demonstrated capabilities with Python or other automation technologies (e.g. Datameer)
- Ability to perform complex data analysis on large volumes of data and present findings to senior leadership in order to inform strategic decisions.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and working independently.
- A team player who is passionate about developing peers, winning as a team, and providing constructive feedback when needed.
- University degree in a quantitative field of study (e.g., engineering, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- Experience with technologies such as GitHub, Jira, general APIs
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.