Senior Manager, Workday-Project Management
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our IT Advisory team advises clients on executive and management issues in IT, to increase the value that IT delivers within their organization. Working with the senior leadership we assist them to define strategy, identify and champion transformation opportunities and assist with key IT decisions. Depending on the experience of each candidate, each Workday HCM/FM candidate will be classified as either a Manager, or Senior Consultant.
What you will do
- Take a lead role delivering engagements.
- Create relationships with senior client leadership and staff.
- Develop business opportunities.
- Build and mentor our team.
- Provide leadership and direction for our IT Advisory and Workday practice.
- Deliver engagements under the direction of Senior Leadership
- Contribute to business development actives (i.e. proposal development)
- Positively contribute to IT Advisory and Workday practice
- Manage project teams, including the overall performance and delivery of large / cross-functional Workday HCM/FM implementations.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, develop project estimates, and estimate the resources needed for the successful implementation and support of Workday HCM/FM implementations.
- Develop and deliver detailed project plans, budgets, and task management strategies in order to achieve project objectives.
- Develop and maintain standard project documentation including; project plans, agendas, action items lists, deliverables and ensure adherence to company Project Management Standards and Software Development Lifecycle best practices.
- Provide clear and consistent communication to project stakeholders.
- Develop positive, strong working relationships with team members, sponsors, and functional managers.
- Coordinate with the IT Advisory team to formulate innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Work alongside Business Analysts, Developers, Architects, Managers, and Implementation Partners to determine scope, planning estimates resource allocations and ultimate success criteria for Workday HCM/FM implementations.
- Lead project(s) ensuring adherence to the established project methodologies, standards, tools, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Mange a Functional Team of consultants and subject matter experts (SME) dedicated to a specific functional area
- Work with business partners to develop concepts, requirements, design alternatives, work effort estimates, project schedules and costs for implementation
- Identify and propose solutions that meet business requirements based on functional requirements
- Create functional specifications, unit test plans and installation plans for complex designs
- Gap functional requirements to capabilities of the system to propose technology solutions and appropriate workarounds
- Facilitate knowledge transfer between functional and technical teams
- Perform problem analysis, debugging and coding as part of new development
- Validate expected test results for test scenarios in Unit, Quality Assurance and System Integration testing
- Support the end-to-end business process dry-run testing
- Provide production cutover/transition support and production support assistance
- Serve as primary development support for all installed Workday HCM modules
- Support implementations and/or maintenance of Workday HCM/FM systems.
What you bring to the role
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
- Post graduate degree and/or a professional designation is a strong asset
- Minimum 5 to 7 years experience as a project manager, functional lead or technical lead leading projects to implement, upgrade and support Workday HCM/FM implementations
- Experience of Workday HCM/FM implementation projects, performing a variety of roles through the full project life-cycle
- Strong functional knowledge of a subset of Workday HCM/FM Applications, including some or all of the following: Human Resource Management, Benefits, Talent Management Recruiting, Payroll Solutions and Time Tracking
- Strong business, analytical skills and systematic problem solving abilities
- Solid understanding of business analysis strategies and methodologies
- Strong understanding of the data flow and functionalities within ERP systems
- Solid understanding of relational database technologies
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Support business readiness and change management activities prior to go-live
- Canadian travel required, with occasional international travel a possibility.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.