Senior Manager, Wireline Program Mgmt
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Engineering
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Reporting to the Director of Program Management-Front End, Access Networks PMO, the Sr. Manager, Wireline leads a team of professional Program and Contract managers that are accountable for ensuring that all planning activities for future wireline programs are executed in time for successful delivery. Such activities include resource mapping, scope identification and SOW development to secure 3rd party suppliers, program management of engineering standardization and equipment selection. This role is also accountable for developing a clear communication plan to relevant stakeholders.
This role requires extensive collaboration across a matrixed organization, including national planning and engineering teams, procurement, and regional implementation teams. As a result, the Sr. Manager must be able to influence decisions like the assignment of critical resources and prioritize and drive activities that will result in future program success. The ultimate goal of this Sr. Manager’s team is to ensure future wireline programs are resourced appropriately, and that all front-end activities are well executed to enable smooth and successful program delivery.
We’re looking for a self-starting innovative leader who recognizes the value in proactive program planning, isn’t afraid to challenge BAU thinking, and loves developing and motivating highly engaged teams to drive results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive early conclusion of future wireline network deployment plans
- Program management of all activities that take place in the planning stage of future network deployments
- Drive the conclusion of SOW development and vendor assignments, engineering standards, equipment selection
- Ensure capital authority for future programs is in place in time for enabling activities such as seed equipment ordering to take place
- Prepare communication plans for wireline network deployment programs to translate plans into executable deployments
- Manage inter-regional and inter-program priorities
- Manage and identify risk along with mitigation strategies
- Develop processes related to establishing program funnels and change management
- Drive alignment and collaboration with key interlock partners, including within the Network organization and with other business units
- Inspire and enable talent within the overall team and promote employee engagement across the organization while focusing on a positive team culture
What you have:
- 5+ years of working in a Program Management related role implementing wireline programs
- Understanding of FTTH and HFC network architectures and components
- Strong knowledge of wireline network deployment service requirements for HFC modernization, segmentation, and service expansion
- Experience leading teams is preferred
- Proven ability to contribute in key roles, supporting completion of multi-stakeholder, complex implementation programs
- Excellent presentation & communications skills, with experience presenting to senior executives
- Demonstrated business & financial acumen
- Strategic thinker who can translate complex plans into actionable steps
- A strong collaborator that is able to influence process transformations
- An inclusive team leader that advocates for diversity and inclusion within the team
- Passionate about making a difference and leading transformations that will bring positive change to the business
- Focused on continuous process improvement and innovative problem solving
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Project Management & Engineering
Requisition ID: 286795
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what’s right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology