Senior Manager, Trader Voice Service Operations
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Technical Directors/Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 139405
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Global Technology Solutions (GTS), Solutions Integration & Delivery (SI&D) organization is rooted in understanding our Scotiabank business lines and technologies and collaborating with our global CIOs and business lines to deliver high quality, reliable enterprise solutions in an agile and cost-effective manner while complying to the bank’s security standards and policies.
You will provide thought leadership to a team of high-performance IT professionals as well as subject matter expertise for all activities related to Data and Voice technologies. You will have a global accountability of voice recording technology within GTS for all business partners working in collaboration with HR, Compliance, Legal and other IT Groups.
When required, there might be travel outside of the Greater Toronto Area. You are fine with on-call to support your staff after hours & assist with problem resolution and to ensure that systems are operational.
Is this role right for you?
- You are confident in leading the development and implementation of a new operating model to address voice preservation within Global operating centers; and in particular Capital Markets, Sales and Trading environments.
- You will drive the direction of the team and meet achieve Data and Voice technologies objectives.
- You can provide engineering support for project deployment and operational teams in implementing new solutions and feature; as well as assist the Day 2 & operational support team with escalations.
- You look forward on delivering and supporting reliable technologies in support of the Bank’s legal hold and preservation processes and partners.
- You are capable in assisting on the development of test strategies/plans related to the subject solutions.
- You are keen on maintaining a repository on global health checks and daily compliance checks to ensure integrity of data.
- You are comfortable in collaborating with the business, along with the technical and operational groups across the Bank to ensure alignment of technical solutions to the business strategy, use and deployment of best practices in business support solutions, and the alignment and application of Bank operational and security standards.
- You can manage the workflow associated with producing voice recordings and evidence for standard and complex global requests & embrace working with global teams to standardize and consolidate voice recording technology, preservation and extraction processes.
- You are eager to participate and engage Bank executives on voice related agendas. This includes developing presentations and assisting with communications to Bank regulators and compliance groups.
- Your primary focus is establishing a global operating model, ensuring integrity of data and responding effectively while engaging with HR, eDiscovery, Legal on managing discovery requests for IT. As part of the directive is to ensure system availability and integrity of data.
- You will work with Regulatory Business Initiatives group, Internal Controls Group, SI&D Service Management leads and Vendors to define the scope, intake and building of integrations with various communication platforms, support Scenario development and automation of testing.
- You will work with vendors and internal partners to get appropriate reviews and approvals for the solutions being developed.
- You have strong communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills in English. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You have at least 7+ years of hands-on working experience in a people management position within Information Technology.
- You can demonstrate working knowledge of compliance policies, as well as trading practices & workflows relative to the trading businesses.
- You can demonstrate the ability to contribute to the development and provide assistance in the deployment & testing of Trader Voice and Compliance Voice recording systems to ensure capture completeness.
- You have at least 6+ years of progressive working knowledge or experience in Data and Voice at an enterprise scale with industry recognized tools (e.g., Turrets like BT, IPC, Cloud9, etc…); Voice Recording software (e.g., NICE, Redbox, etc); Cisco IP Communicator; Arkadin.
- You possess superior decision-making skills to resolve work issues with the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- You can demonstrate advanced interpersonal skills to build critical relationships with internal technology & business stakeholders and external vendors.
What's in it for you?
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- While we currently work remotely from home, when required to be onsite, our primary location in Toronto is:
- Located steps from TTC’s King 504 streetcar stop, which gets you to TTC’s Line 1 subway stops at King or St. Andrew stations, and its connection to GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station. Also located steps from TTC’s 511 Bathurst streetcar stop, which is a transfer point from TTC’s Line 2 subway stop at Bathurst station.
- If you really want to drive to work, it’s minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway / Lakeshore Boulevard West.
- Our location has a lunch room with TV screens, fridges, microwaves & vending machines. It’s also in a dynamic & flourishing neighbourhood that is home to many nearby top Toronto restaurants/bars & fast-food options. Nearby amenities include a running club, florist, pharmacy, convenience stores, supermarket, LCBO, coffee shops.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.