Senior Manager – Technology Risk Consulting
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Technology Risk Consulting services team is growing and we are looking for a Senior Manager to join our team in Toronto. The Technology Risk Consulting practice provides a variety of services to our clients. The successful candidate will focus primarily on performing IT risk advisory and IT internal audit engagements, having a creative mindset to perform a broad variety of engagements. The candidate needs to be able to manage any type of IT risk-related engagement, working with specialists as needed. They will also be involved with the business development and training of our junior staff.
What you will do
- Conducting assessments of IT risks and controls in support of IT risk advisory and internal audit engagements, related to for instance:
- IT risk and maturity assessment
- Information security maturity and readiness per particular standards
- IT projects and system implementations
- Access management
- IT governance reviews
- IT third-party risk management
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Cloud security
- Data governance assessments and reviews
- Managing engagements end-to-end, overseeing teams, and managing clients while simultaneously delivering various client engagements.
- Developing risk and control matrices and reviewing procedures.
- Engagement risk management: quality assurance through file review, engagement planning, development and monitoring, engagement profitability.
- Business development: taking a proactive role in the business community to increase awareness of the firm's services and level of commitment to the local market, developing and maturing relationships with internal staff and clients, developing proposals, identifying and pursuing opportunities to increase the practice's penetration in the public and private sector.
- Guiding field engagement teams as well as coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Information technology, Data Science, or Computer Science degree required.
- 8 or more years of relevant experience in assessing information technology or business process risk ideally within a large consulting practice.
- Experience with writing IT internal audit reports or advisory reports, including observations and recommendations, as well as presenting to leadership or audit committees.
- Strong understanding of IT risk/security standards (e.g., NIST CSF, ISO27001, SoGP, COBIT, etc.) and the overall business and audit risks.
- Ability to work as a self-starter as well as with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to effectively express insights.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and strong organization and investigative skills.
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.