Senior Manager, Strategic Planning
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Business Planning
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : PSP Investments
We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
The Senior Manager “Strategy Execution” main responsibility is to partner with senior leaders to ensure strategic priorities achieve intended outcomes through oversight, leadership, and delivery of multi-year strategic initiatives.
As a Senior Manager, Strategic Planning, you’ll:
- Work with the Business Lead (Groups) to insure the execution of specific strategic objectives in alignment with the strategic plan
- Understand the vision and gaps and act as a catalyst to drive actions, propose solutions and facilitate decision making
- Act as a change agent to build awareness and actions
- Act as an Ambassador for the Strategy Execution function by applying standard practices geared toward transparency and inform decision making
- Define the integrated plan for assigned initiatives, ensuring key metrics and success criteria are well understood
- Lead activities such as milestone and impact planning reviews and approvals, Business case, budget planning and management
- Communicate and present considered key insights to assist in the understanding of the overall health and preformation of the assigned initiative(s)
- Contribute to the consolidation and preparation of recuring reporting to Senior executives’ committees
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in management, Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience
- PMP designation a great asset
- A minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years of relevant experience in advisory and business transformation. Experience leading projects/initiatives to support the execution of company’s strategic decisions
- Experience in a financial institution or investment firm with Corporate Strategy experience an asset
- Consulting experience is a strong asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to adapt in an ambiguous and evolving environment
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities
- Strong ability to synthetize and document ideas and insight for executive level consumption
- Integrity, rigour, and diligence
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasize on Excel and Power Point
- Bilingualism: English and French (frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- Investment in career development
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Competitive pension plans
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Inclusive paid parental leave policy: up to 26 weeks for primary caregivers, 5 weeks for secondary caregivers
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Visit us on www.investpsp.com/en/
Follow us on LinkedIn