Senior Manager, Software Engineering (GRC Systems) – Hybrid
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1A1
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 167443
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Compliance Technology (GCT) provides technical solutions and capabilities to enable and support the Global Compliance and Enterprise Risk functions within the Bank. The team provides technology solutions to enable users, management and supervisors form a picture of exposures and gain insights on risks and vulnerabilities managed through Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Systems
As a Senior Manager, GRC Systems, you have the opportunity to lead and to build a scalable high performant platform on which multiple units from the Bank’s three lines of defense can record, assess and manage risk. You’ll be involved in supporting our application team’s software development by building out a platform to automate and accelerate our ability to deploy enhancements and new applications through a combination of DevOps and integration to Bank standard security and release management systems.
Some of the Key Accountabilities include:
• Review analysis and development of Business Requirements related to the Bank’s GRC Systems, assessing impact on processes and controls associated with the multiple tenants of the systems
• Support system development lab’s capacity to deliver system functionality that meets quality and user requirements, within the agreed to timeline and budget
• Provide Operational Support, for specific requests related to OpenPages records that need updating, editing or being replaced for valid reasons, acting as SME of the GRC Systems
• Collaborate with delivery teams, performing acceptance testing to ensure the product/system delivers as intended and proposing adjustments to plans when necessary
• Partner with Change Management teams to develop system adoption strategy and continuous enhancement of training materials
• Create process lifecycle documentation (functional requirements, system development milestones, user test, deployment roadmap) related to GRC system initiatives
• Be actively involved in the preparation, conception, realization and Go Live of implementation projects
What You Will Bring to Succeed
• Knowledge of the IBM OpenPages platform and GRC Systems landscape, working with both waterfall and agile development environments
• Good knowledge of multiple global banking businesses including related systems and procedures
•Technology experience spanning application ownership, project/program management and SDLC
• You have at least 2+ years of working experience in the people management of technical resources, directly and/or indirectly.
• You have a good understanding of and experience with security, firewalls, and network protocols.
• Spanish fluency is an asset
- We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.