Senior Manager – Software Development & Engineering – Toronto- Hybrid
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : IT Team Leaders
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 174711
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Information Technology and Solutions provides global technology solutions support to each of our core businesses - Domestic Banking, International Banking, Global Banking & Markets and Global Wealth & Insurance. Our technology-based solutions enable Scotiabank to achieve sustained profitable growth and a competitive advantage.
The Regulatory, Compliance and Data Systems Engineering Technology team is an integral part of Global Technology Applications (GTA) team.
We are made up of high performing, energetic, results-oriented, and collaborative individuals who thrive in our dynamic and agile environment to deliver the best solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Manager – Software Development & Engineering to join our team to help move forward our strategy and vision.
As a Development Lead in Regulatory, Compliance and Data Systems Engineering Technology team, you will be in a high-impact role, leading a group of technology professionals responsible for technical design, development, and delivery of various solutions to resolve multi-dimensional business problems to support business needs. We are looking to fill our team with forward thinking individuals who embrace change, are passionate about their profession, are flexible, curious, continuous learners and who want to achieve challenging goals and have long-lasting impact on our customers and the Bank.
You will be a hands-on leader with a results-oriented and curious mindset and deep technical skills. You will provide leadership and technical guidance to a team of software engineers to enable effective delivery of solutions, while ensuring the solution is delivered on time, on budget, and with high quality.
- Help drive strategy to transform current market risk management platforms using new technologies and tools available that best support the business need.
- Responsible for the design, architecture and the successful implementation of effective and quality solutions that resolve highly complex business problems and support business needs. Accountable for delivery according to pre-agreed timelines and budgetary constraints. And ensure that delivery meets the integrity, quality, performance and reliability requirements.
- Effectively manage a team of technical professionals including software engineers and developers by setting performance expectations, monitoring performance and providing counsel and coaching. This includes assisting in recruiting new talent, building a high-performing team, and fostering an inclusive work environment.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen business user and stakeholder relationships.
- Perform hands-on analysis and problem-solving as needed.
- The role requires interaction with business and technology leadership, consequently effective communications commensurate with the audience and the ability to promote an idea and gain consensus is critical.
- 10+ years of relevant software development and IT industry work experience, with clear progression through the ranks, and 3+ years leading and building high-performance teams.
- Must be a strong leader with excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills to build consensus and obtain co-operation from both stakeholder groups and other technology teams.
- Disciplined in development methodology and familiar with software development technologies and concepts. Practical experience with systems design and specification for large scale applications.
- Strong programming skills in Python and Java, and experience with a wide spectrum of Big data technologies including Hadoop/HDFS, Spark, Airflow, etc.
- Work closely with Architecture team to define strategic solutions.
- Practical expertise using agile delivery with deep understating of core agile concepts, and continuous delivery and deployment methodologies.
- Experience with Google cloud platform is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in Capital Markets and Master Data Management would be an asset.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.