Senior Manager, Sales Practices and Partnerships, International Wealth Management
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Financial Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 117792
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Senior Manager, Sales Practices and Partnerships (the “Senior Manager”), International Wealth Management (IWM), oversees the process and the management of the onshore/offshore partnership model within IWM. The incumbent is responsible for integrating and aligning strategic initiatives on a country level and offshore to facilitate the delivery of a seamless client and partner experience while developing best in class sales and sales management practices. The focus is on providing sales and partnership support to distribution channels across all IWM channels and lead the implementation of Wealth Distribution policies and programs.
The incumbent will also play a critical role in supporting practive management, sales and business planning, and business analysis. Guided by VP, Wealth Distribution and Advisory, the Senior Manager will be responsible for the management of multi-disciplinary strategic priorities, developing recommendations, and implementing complex projects.
The responsibilities also include ensuring that all activities conducted comply with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Onshore/offshore integration, partnership management, and business growth
• Develop a cross-border client-centric view for on-shore and off-shore.
• Work with partners to ensure regulatory / compliance / internal control perspectives are captured and complemented with strict management of reputational & operational risks.
• Set standards, processes and provide support and advice to enhance the effectiveness of the IWM partnership model to deliver a seamless onshore/offshore solution integration and client experience.
• Regularly re-evaluate the effectiveness of incentive frameworks for in-country teams across businesses, identify gaps and/or opportunities and develop recommendations to increase productivity, performance, and partnerships to ensure a holistic approach to delivering solutions centered on client needs.
• Identify sales opportunities to enable the growth in offshore partnership referrals.
• Identify training needs and develop programs to address these needs including issues that may negatively impact business performance.
• Provide recommendations to enhance productivity and effectiveness of the onshore/offshore integration.
• Support the development of sales and marketing strategies and related sales support material. Serve as a resource in planning, development, and execution of marketing initiatives for the IWM Wealth Distribution team.
Strategies to support the delivery of advice and management information systems (MIS)
• Analyze customer and financial MIS from internal and external sources to identify and plan for potential new revenue opportunities on a global basis, problems, threats and competitive advantages.
• Manage an active customer insight research agenda (to understand the customer view) for onshore and offshore needs. Ensure the agenda includes a regular feedback loop.
• Continually monitor and assess new market trends, client needs (by segment), the competition, and regulatory and compliance environments and changes across IWM footprint and report findings on a regular basis.
• Source and present industry best practices and trends highlighting specific business opportunities.
• Work with key partners across IWM and GWM to create strong alignment of messaging, integrate efforts where appropriate, and ensure delivery of a full and coordinated spectrum of practice management support at it relates to all aspects of the IWM wealth distribution, supported by analytics and KPIs.
• Develop and lead the training of the distribution partnership model routines and disciplines to enhance the client and partner experience while accelerating business results.
• Develop support materials on how teams of specialists and their solutions can be introduced to prospects and clients.
• Identify opportunities to deepen knowledge between teams of specialists and coordinate the delivery required training. Identify and share best practices and success stories.
• Identify customer/market forces and trends that are impacting the partnership model effectiveness and develop counter-measures to address.
Support the development and implementation of strategic initiatives for the Wealth Distribution team
• On an ongoing basis analyze weaknesses and gaps and opportunities for innovation, diversification, business and revenue growth.
• Ensure a prioritization of strategic initiatives.
• Collaborate with all business partners to assess new revenue opportunities or potential operational efficiencies.
• Facilitating the effective communication of the strategic plan and ensure all partners are aligned.
Risk and regulatory oversight
• Responsible for ensuring all regulatory/compliance requirements are met within required timeframes.
• Embed all elements of the risk appetite statement and measures into day-to-day activities.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education and experience
• University degree in business, MBA preferred, with a minimum of 7 years professional experience in the financial services industry with a focus on wealth management distribution, analytics or sales management.
• Solid knowledge of sales management techniques & processes, financial analysis, and regulatory and compliance frameworks.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills, to analyze issues and problems and develop a range of alternatives and recommendations.
• Excellent leadership, project management and change management skills to lead multidisciplinary initiatives of varying sizes efficiently and effectively.
• Excellent presentation skills and ability to interact comfortably with management and distribution teams in multiple jurisdictions.
• Exceptional communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills that facilitate a positive and effective team environment at all levels in the organization.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and demanding environment.
• Ability to work with a high degree of independence, and originate programs and ideas.
• Sales experience/background.
• Self-driven, results-oriented and an ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills to build and maintain strong supportive relationships and synergies with stakeholders across the organization.
• Understanding of regulatory guidelines and awareness of competitor practices.
• Knowledge of Wealth Management both domestic and international.
• Knowledge and understanding of sales and sales management processes.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.