Senior Manager, Risk Operations
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Compliance
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:500 Lakeshore Blvd. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2V9
When you hire great people, great things can happen.
PC Financial offers unprecedented value to Canadians through payment products. We're a different kind of bank with a different type of team—we’re collaborative and supportive and have the freedom and responsibility to thrive. Our purpose is to make the everyday simple and better for our customers, and we strive to make every dollar worth more.
Proudly serving over 3 million customers, PC Financial continues to grow by offering payment solutions and services that reward our customers every day. As a subsidiary of Loblaws Company Inc., we share the CORE values of Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence. We are dedicated to helping Canadians Live Life Well. Join us on our journey.
Why This Role is Important:
In this role, the Senior Manager, Risk Operations will be the lead collaborator between the line of business and the Centre of Excellence (COE), responsible for the management of effective and efficient service delivery driving an effortless customer experience while achieving financial goals. They will be accountable for prioritizing the delivery of initiatives and process improvements that impact Credit and Disputes & Fraud Recovery operations and identify impacts to manage implementations across the Customer Support COE stakeholders (and respective vendors) and ensure successful execution.
This will include ensuring active oversight to operational processes validating they are effective and efficient while enhancing the customer experience. The role will also play as an active participant in quality & training programs (including calibrations) to account for process effectiveness. Active line of sight to Credit and Dispute processing and Fraud Recovery service level metrics and quality standards will also be required to ensure operational effectiveness.
This role will also be responsible for vendor support on procedure development, monitoring audit & controls, internally as well with our Vendor.
What You'll Do:
- Accountable for delivering continuous process and service improvements, optimizations and efficiencies.
- Oversees change Management governance and ensures process and change management audit requirements are met and risks mitigated, documentation is appropriately updated and communicate to management of any potential risks or audit implication.
- Work with internal departments on new initiatives to identify impacts (including but not limited to supporting forecasting), support the rollout of the initiative and monitor quality of implementation in all channels.
- Identify and manage execution of operational improvements to ensure that they deliver operational efficiencies.
- Accountable for ensuring the team is effectively utilized, processes are continuously assessed and new technology utilized to effectively deliver the appropriate governance and control.
- Lead customer escalations to resolution that impact either Credit or Disputes & Fraud Recovery teams.
- Manage expectation/concerns within the organization and vendor /partner organizations through strong, professional communication and leadership skills.
- Manage/develop relationship network as required by dealing with individuals at all levels of the organization and vendor /partner organizations.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and general support to direct reports to enable engagement, skills development and achievement of performance objectives.
- Maintain a long term, strategic and tactical view of the change to identify risks and opportunities.
- Use the data gathered in change readiness and impact assessments to inform design, planning and implementation of activities and priorities.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years’ experience in Financial Services (Credit & Banking).
- 3 – 5+ years’ Experience in Payment Association Regulations (such as Mastercard) Dispute Processing / Chargeback Processing.
- 3 – 5+ years’ Credit Risk with a focus on credit processing and operations management.
- Experience managing multiple internal and external relationships, including the ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholders to achieve common business objectives.
- Ability to quickly adjust from working in a very detailed hand on manner to a strategic manner when required.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize, balance conflicting tasks and manage internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed presentation and interactive skills sufficient to present both factual and conceptual information/ideas.
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions based on quantitative and qualitative information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Number of Openings:1
PC Financial recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.