Senior Manager, Restructuring & Turnaround – Deal Advisory
City : Toronto
Category : Advisory
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Are you a talented leader with a proven track record for motivating teams and delivering exceptional client service?
Our Restructuring & Turnaround team in Deal Advisory is looking for a professional like you with the skills and drive to make a real difference.
As Senior Manager, Restructuring & Turnaround, Deal Advisory, you are a deal focused, motivated, team leader with expertise in finance, strategy, financial restructuring and business operations. Our work environment is conducive to advancement for candidates who perform. We reward exceptional individuals with responsibility, profile and career progression.
What you will do
- Manage a team in assessing and developing restructuring strategies and turnaround plans, including review of operations, key performance indicators and financial forecasts of companies in a variety of industries
- Conduct and oversee the development or review of complex financial models, cash flow forecasts, and other financial analysis in the context of independent business reviews and restructuring/refinancing of underperforming companies
- Lead formal insolvenc filings, including managing a variety of stakeholders and external advisors, preparing reports to the court as court officer, securing assets, and supervising a team carrying out statutory duties
- As part of a diverse and experienced team, continue to develop analytical and negotiation skills in providing a strategic approach to engagements, identifying common ground and potential solutions
- Build your personal brand by engaging in business development activities and relationship development
- Manage client deliverables to ensure projects are delivered on time and to client needs, and assisting with practice management
At times, as business needs arises, team members may be requested and required to work beyond their normal workday or work week to complete client work and other tasks. Likewise, there will be times where team members may need extra time to devote to personal matters. In this role, flexibility with your work schedule will be important.
What you bring to the role
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in restructuring and insolvency
- 1-2 years of experience at a senior manager level or equivalent, at a recognized professional firm
- Proven ability to lead multiple advisory engagements and formal proceedings simultaneously, pursuant to the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (BIA)
- CIRP (Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional) certification and Licensed Insolvency Trustee
- Ability to effectively mentor, coach, develop, and manage team members on detailed, functional financial models, including financial projections
- Good business judgement and a conscientious approach to assignments
- Proven technical, analytical and computer skills (particularly, modeling in Excel)
- Ability to explain strategic alternatives in a cohesive manner, and manage client expectations
- Willingness to travel as required
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.