City : Scarborough
Category : Banking
Industry : Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 44308
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Reporting to the Director, Release & Test Environment Management & Canadian Banking Technology (CBT) DevOps Enablement, the Senior Manager, Release & Test Environment Management (Senior Manager) is responsible for the development and transformation of the release and test environment organization, leading a team focused on managing agile, hybrid and traditional releases. The Senior Manager will be directly accountable for the implementation and adoption of industry best practices for continuous delivery, deployment and risk based change management. This role will act as the single point of contact for Quality Assurance (QA) Testing, Development, Project Management, Security and Infrastructure Automation teams.
The Senior Manager will also:
• Be responsible for release planning, release risk management & test environment management.
• Work with resources to balance the workloads as appropriate, as well as ensuring that work adheres to established standards, processes and best practices.
• Pro-actively seek opportunities for improvement and modernization of release and change methodology, supporting and developing strategies to enable real-time application software delivery.
• Provide leadership and manage the team to work collaboratively with our stakeholders, including release planning, environment mapping, and proactively monitoring the health of integrated releases to mitigate risks.
• Provide dynamic management of changes to improve velocity of product delivery while managing risk and complexity for all software deployments.
• Represent Release Management as a leader setting departmental direction, policies, goals, project coordination.
• Work in partnership with our offshore/onshore/onsite professional services' vendor-managed Shared Services team to deliver on release and test environment services to our stakeholders.
• Work with IT to implement and support tools for release management, deployment, monitoring and operations.
• Streamline and implement policies and procedures for release management.
• Build strong working relationship with peers among our technology partners.
• Communicate effectively with all members of the organization.
• Coordinate with Development and QA teams to ensure timely delivery of features, bug fixes, and improvements into multiple environments.
• Understand and apply DevOps principles to the Release Management team to improve the delivery pipeline and introduce efficiencies of Continuous Delivery (CD) to any given environment.
• Lead by example to drive excellence and overall team success.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• You have at least 5+ years of technical working experience in a Development or Operations (Production) role.
• You possess demonstrated working experience in the people management of technical IT resources; as well as running matrixed teams, building and fostering positive relationships.
• You're an excellent team player, creative, self-motivated, positive attitude and a strong desire for continued personal growth.
• You're a critical thinker with demonstrated thought leadership.
• You have excellent communication (verbal/written/presentation) skills to prepare and present material to an executive audience.
• Possess working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and a familiarity with software release management technologies and concepts.
• Possess working experience with any industry-recognized build & deploy automation tools & cloud services.
• Possess working experience with different technology platforms.
• Possess working experience with Agile and DevOps philosophies and how it relates to Release Management.
• Possess working experience with process re-engineering (important).
• Site Reliability Engineering experience is an asset.
Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or technical equivalence.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated