Senior Manager, Regulatory Reporting Projects – 12-month Contract
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 177831
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Regulatory Reporting team in Global Finance is responsible for the accurate and timely filing of all financial regulatory reports with the Regulators (e.g., OSFI, Bank of Canada, Statistics Canada, CDIC, SEC) for the Bank and certain assigned subsidiaries. This involves financial regulatory governance, keeping abreast of regulatory changes and participation in CBA meetings. It also includes playing a prominent role implementing the Bank’s Regulatory Reporting Target Operating Model (RRTOM) in Canada. The incumbent is responsible for completing key deliverables relating to the RRTOM Regulatory Reporting Automation project.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Business Requirements
- Act as the Business Analyst to define and document business requirements for returns under automation, by reviewing procedural documentation and discussion with Subject Matter Experts.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing and Parallel Runs for returns under automation, including test case development, documentation of test results, identify and investigate issues and defects, collaborate with IT team to resolve the issues.
- Monitor the overall testing progress ensuring all key deliverables are completed on time. Escalate significant issues to Director on a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and supervise team members to participate in RRTOM Automation initiatives including requirement documentation, testing and data attestation/management activities.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiencies, as well as enhancing internal controls.
- Participate in data governance activities.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Working knowledge of financial regulatory requirements with strong understanding of financial and management accounting principles such as IFRS.
- Prior experience with regulatory returns such as Geographical Distribution of Assets and Liabilities (GDAL), M4, Z4, 13F, B2 and BS, CDIC Return of Insured Deposits would be an asset.
- High levels of analytical, conceptual, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle conflicting requirements, manager priorities, and time and to reallocate as required.
- Must be able to work independently and supervise junior staff.
- Good team building skills, working with diverse groups to resolve issues and identify efficiencies.
- Solid communication skills (written & oral) and interpersonal skills with a strong ability to establish relationships with internal customers, as well as senior management.
- Ability to work in a project environment as required, with key deliverables and ensuring requirements of department are represented.
- Knowledge and experience on business analysis and data governance would be an asset.
- Strong excel skills.
- Working knowledge of EGL/OBI /Smartview Essbase, AXIOM, CDM, JIRA.
- Ability to understand controls in and around systems, ensuring changes implemented maintain or strengthen control environment.
- Accounting designation required.
What’s in it for you?
- An inclusive & collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We offer a competitive rewards package: Performance bonus, Employee Share Ownership Program, and Pension Plan Matching, Health Benefits from day one!
- Your career matters! You will have access to career development and progression opportunities.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.