Senior Manager, QE Program Lead
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As an IT QE Program Lead within the CRM and Advisor Technology, Regulatory Program team, you will be accountable for planning and leading the development and execution of quality engineering strategy for large regulatory programs of high complexity. In this role you will develop the technology QE execution strategy for each program and drive the implementation and overall QE processes and standards. You will be part of a Program team that delivers initiatives under a federated model, in partnership with teams across Technology & Operations (T&O) and collaboration with Regulatory Strategy Delivery business partners.
What will you do?
- Conduct QE program(s)/project(s) in accordance with RBC Financial Group’s standard project management discipline, consistently following RBC’s Enterprise Initiative Management Framework (EIMF).
- Drive the integration of QE resourcing to regulatory programs/projects, assuring engagement at the start of each initiative
- Effectively lead cross-functional QE teams that span T&O Domains across Personal and Commercial Banking, to ensure successful delivery of QE regulatory changes within enforceable deadlines.
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong relationships with RBC business and T&O partners to ensure delivery alignment across business and technology QE teams.
- Champion strong QE program governance and execution by providing input to executive status updates, identifying QE program risks & issues ensuring there are appropriate mitigation & resolution strategies.
- work with project teams in the implementation of defined test strategies across application lifecycle, utilizing QE processes and tools
- Drive resolution of complex problems, escalating as required through the established governance framework.
- Responsible for the development of QE program performance metrics
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience in managing QE on medium to large IT programs with a budget greater than $10MM that have impact across the enterprise with high-level of complexity and uncertainty
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing and implementing program/project end to end testing strategies and plans and managing the end-to-end process
- Experience leading test case design at different levels, test optimization and automation efforts and identifying automation opportunities
- Experience working in a scrum/agile or iterative waterfall development environment
- Knowledge of DevOps operations and test integration processes and tools
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of testing techniques and methodologies
- Strong business domain knowledge
- Very good communication skills; ability to focus and prioritize and solve complex technical problems
- Undergraduate Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- PMP, PgMP, SAFe, CSM Certification or equivalent experience
- Experience as a Developer
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.