Senior Manager, Provisions Financial Reporting & Planning
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1A1
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 179886
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Purpose of Job:
As a member of the Global Retail Provisions Reporting & Planning team, contributes to the overall success of the Global Retail Provisions team who are liable for establishing prudent levels of loan loss allowances (ACL) for the Retail International and Canadian portfolios and Canadian Small Business portfolios. The incumbent will be liable for the aggregation of Global Retail ACL and Provision for Credit Losses (PCL) within controlled environment to assist financial booking and disclosure processes.
- Lead the consolidation and aggregation of Global Retail Provisions metrics for both ACL and Impairment balances, establishing controls that are aligned with the Bank’s end user control (EUC) directive.
- Design, develop and implement of financial risk management provision reports across the provision metrics and products on end-to-end work flow solution along with ETL process, database solutions, Program coding and Data visualization tools.
- Manage the design and maintenance to the Global Provisions database to assist in the preparation of the Provisions reporting framework.
- Consolidate all inputs for internal and regulatory reporting of Retail Provisions related metrics.
- Design improvements in the preparation of Forecast and Planning processes for both ACL and Provision for Credit Losses for Global Retail portfolios.
- Lead in the development of provisions related risk metrics for the Bank’s risk appetite and monitors adherence with the Financial management team.
- Sync, review and update of SOX and end to end process documentation, working collaboratively with GRM Global Retail Provision teams and external stakeholders. • Knowledgeable on provision methodology and IFRS9 accounting standard.
- Advanced degree in quantitative subject. Accounting Professional designation is beneficial (e.g., CPA, CFA, FRM).
- 5+ years’ experience in credit risk management or reporting for either retail or wholesale products
- Excellent knowledge in reporting and data management applications including EXCEL, Tableau and SAS.
- Knowledge of regulations and current regulatory issues related to stress testing, capital requirements and risk management. (e.g., CCAR, Basel)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.