Senior Manager, Product Strategy & Transformation – Advice Centre
City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What’s the opportunity
The Products & Transformation (P&T) team is evolving how we help our clients thrive and communities prosper. P&T supports Advice Centre (AC) employees in serving clients better through innovative technology products and services. The team also acts as a catalyst for AC transformation, cross-platform collaboration, new capability development and contributes to RBC’s strategic agenda. Working in our National Office as a Senior Manager, Product Strategy & Transformation, you will play a critical part in shaping the overall Product Shelf Strategy for the AC, driving the Product & Transformation team’s Product Management strategy and approach, and driving high impact initiatives.
What will you do?
- Perform comprehensive strategic reviews and analyses, leveraging frameworks, approaches, tools and methodologies, and develop robust recommendations to support Group Executive, segment Operating Committees and key business partners
- Support the Advice Centre strategic development process, quarterly business reviews, and ad hoc senior leader off sites/events to advance RBC’s strategy
- Produce materials for Products & Transformation Team, and Advice Centre leadership for review, discussion, and decision
- Maintain a competitive advantage through researching business and technology trends across industries, and communicating competitive benchmarking and industry insights to various audiences and leadership
- Drive teams Product Management approach including optimization and standardization of processes and routines, vendor management, and reporting & analytics
- Act as a trusted advisor and help facilitate trade-off / prioritization decisions with senior leaders and cross-functional project teams by providing rigorous strategic insight based on thorough research and analysis
- Manage work streams and present engagement deliverables, raising risks / issues and providing solutions to minimize impact on timelines
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years of experience in Corporate Strategy within Financial Services or FinTech, Management Consulting or Investment Banking
- Intellectual curiosity, robust problem solving, and strong data analysis capabilities
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships at every level of the organization
- Demonstrated ability in project execution, prioritization and timeline management
- Professional oral and written communication and presentation skills, and ability to engage senior leaders
- Advanced skills in using MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Comfortable working in ambiguous situations
- MBA, or equivalent degree
- Experience with new/emerging businesses and digital business models
- Experience in Digital, Technology and/or product management
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Job SkillsAdaptability, Business Acumen, Communication, Critical Thinking, Decision Making, Long Term Planning, Organizational Change Management, Presentations, Problem Solving
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.