Senior Manager, Procurement (KDN)
City : Toronto
Category : Procurement
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG Delivery Networks (KDN)
The various KDN’s (Tax & Legal, Audit and Advisory) all work closely with their associated KPMG leaders to translate business requirements into a clear global delivery strategy for delivery centres that supports the needs of global KPMG solutions. It also creates and operates an interoperable, seamlessly integrated network of Global Delivery Centres to enable globally consistent delivery.
The Senior Manager, Procurement reports to the KDN Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for managing the procurement sourcing and contracting for all categories/commodities for KDN. Primary categories are professional services (application development and support, contingent labor, outsourced services, consulting, etc) and software (on prem as well as software as a service). This role is responsible for defining the strategies and plans for assigned categories, including buying channel determination, vendor segmentation recommendations, preferred supplier list identification, vendor selection and vendor negotiations, vendor management, and running the procurement function and operations for KDN Procurement.
This role manages 1 resource to deliver all required services of the procurement function of the KDN entities.
This role builds joint category plans with stakeholders and brings leading edge market knowledge to KDN. The role is the primary relationship manager with the business. The incumbent builds lasting relationships with key stakeholders, KPMG International, member firms and promotes the KPMG values.
By virtue of being a senior manager, he/she will also be responsible for providing guidance coaching to less tenured procurement staff.
What you will do
Strategy and Business Planning
- Develops and/or refreshes the procurement category strategies and annual plans ensuring alignment with the goals, strategies and value proposition of KDN Procurement and the KDN entities
Procurement Function Operations
- Implements and monitors approved category plans
- Is the strategic sourcing lead for major/high risk/complex transactions and manages procurement for the entire KDN entities
- Manages all aspects of the Procurement operations (procurement systems, procurement contract templates, tools, reports, dashboards, and other resources required for the proper and successful operation of the KDN Procurement function
- Maintains ongoing, productive relationships with all suppliers – is the primary supplier relationship manager for major suppliers
- Manages the stakeholder demand planning and reporting for assigned category
- Establishes processes for commodity buys for KDN procurement team
- Leads the definition, implementation, execution, and maintenance of the category governance framework
- Monitors and administers the assigned spend under management, and takes corrective action as required
- Is the subject matter expert for all KDN Procurement categories
- Is the primary relationship manager with the KDN business units/stakeholders
- Maintains ongoing productive relationships with the Heads of Procurement in KPMG International and key member firms
- Maintains ongoing, productive relationships with all KDN suppliers
Team & Professional Leadership
- Manages up to two (2) individuals
- Provides day to day leadership and management oversight for the KDN Procurement team
What you bring to the role
- Certified Procurement professional qualifications are desirable. For example: Certified Procurement professional qualifications are desirable. For example: (CSCP), (CPIM), (APICS), (CPSM), (ISM), The SCPro™ from (CSCMP), The Complete Skilled Negotiator™
- Be reasonably experienced (at least 10 years) in assigned applicable procurement category/categories (Services, Software, etc)
- Understand supplier management (managing technical, schedule, commercial, and terms and conditions compliance)
- Have knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices
- Have sound commercial and contractual acumen - Be able to draft and negotiate strong contracts
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.