Senior Manager, Pre-Construction
City : Mississauga, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Architecture
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Mississauga, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Architecture, GTA Low Rise
Vice President, Architecture
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy Homes is seeking a Senior Manager for an opportunity to help shape product development for future communities in the GTA, with the intention of being at the forefront of the residential industry in sustainability, quality, and design.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for overseeing projects focused on future product development working with various internal departments and external partners to bring the vision to market. The ideal candidate for this role will have natural leadership abilities and an impressive track record of successfully leading complex projects. Your technical skills, process orientation, relationship building ability, strategic mindset, and passion for sustainability and continual improvement are what will set you up for success.
What you’ll do
- Lead the strategic planning process for future product designs through collaboration with Architecture, Land Development. Sales and Marketing, Purchasing and Construction to ensure market desirability, sustainable features, construction feasibility and municipal requirements.
- Support sustainability and other innovation initiatives, objectives, etc. that emerge at the project-level, helping to integrate these features and elements in a balanced way into the larger product design and offering.
- Provide cost estimates for design element changes to adhere to operational budgets and support the organization’s goals.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of external and internal stakeholders on all deliverables under your oversight.
- Participate in technology development activities to ensure system support and enhancements for execution of strategy.
- Collaborate with all internal department teams to ensure a cohesive vision and project execution.
- Maintain and build conductive relationships and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, consultants and vendors.
- Foster a culture of service, safety, inclusion and respect for employees, consultants, vendors and stakeholders.
- Keep current with the specific political, regulatory, and market trends to keep the business informed of potential changes within the real estate/construction industry.
What you bring
- Bachelor's (or Master's) degree in Business, Engineering, Architecture, and/or Construction Management
- 8+ years of progressive experience managing complex projects
- Demonstrable experience executing on long range and/or complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Extensive experience working with consultants, architects, planners, contractors, and municipal and provincial authorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Technology savvy with proven experience working with an ERP System
- Phenomenal communication skills with advanced interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates confidence, leadership skills, honesty, and integrity
- Exceptional analytic, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- MBA or similar
- Understanding of building drawings, codes, and site specifications.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.