Senior Manager, Planning – Scotia Digital
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1B6
Category : IT Project Managers
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 145182
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Scotia Digital Planning Team is a high-performing, flexible team that operates at the intersection of the business, technology, product, design and delivery accountable for the planning of prospective Scotia Digital projects. We work closely with business and technology partners across the bank, as well as Scotia Digital senior management, business operations teams, product teams, engineering teams, and delivery professionals to advance Scotia Digital’s and the Bank’s strategy.
The Senior Manager, Planning is a key member of the team, and is accountable for a portfolio of potential projects within the bounds of the Scotia Digital Planning cycle.
Is this role right for you?
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads a team of planning resources and governs a specific portfolio of proposed projects and initiatives through the Scotia Digital Planning cycle
- Leads planning efforts within the assigned portfolio, as required, orchestrating matrixed teams of Product, Engineering, Design, and Delivery stakeholders, taking ownership of generating high quality plans while meeting service level metrics
- Ensures integration of Scotia Digital plans with Bank technology and business partners and ensures effective dependency planning across all stakeholders
- Ensures high-quality communications are produced for the assigned portfolio of projects that distill complex concepts about assigned projects in easy-to-understand formats for consumption by a wide variety of stakeholders including senior leadership
- Ensures that entrance and exit criteria of each stage in the Scotia Digital Planning cycle is met within defined SLAs and prioritization guidelines, generating all required outputs with necessary reviews and approvals
- Ensures that the operational implications of planned projects are considered and planned for, and the operational metrics of planning activities are updated, executed, and measured
- Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships with Product Managers, Engineering Leads, Planning Managers, Planning Coordinators, and other project and portfolio stakeholders to optimize Planning cycle efficiency
- Observes processes and proposes improvements to continually improve planning efficiency and effectiveness within Scotia Digital and Scotiabank
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- 7-10 years of Project Management and planning experience, with experience in large enterprises, preferably in the banking industry
- Significant experience leading a team through the planning of projects that have multiple stae
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline
- Graduate degree in business or related field is an asset
- Scrum Master certification or PMP certification is an asset
- Understanding of Agile project management principles and practices and experience planning projects in an Agile environment
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent — not just a job — so you can grow with us. We’ll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.